Broke up sine Aug 26, now ex is asking for money.

ben2010

About a month ago my ex fiance and I broke up. I moved out of my ex place and suddenly have to find a place to stay.

Prior to breaking up my ex and her parents convenced me to quit my job and start or own business. So I started to help her mom in their business. However, when we are together I don't feel secured because everytime my ex was angry she asking me to leave. Being as a man a women telling you to leave is her place is bad. So I moved out and back together again, back and forth 3x.

This last time I was devastated and being her to take me back. She didnt accept me and begin to hangout with other guys checking in fb. I begin to lock myself out from any friends and family trying to figure out what I need to do. After about 10 days I begin to realize she is not for me and I try to start everything over. I sold my car and brought a new one and start looking for jobs.

Well now that she see me doing better without her she begin to ask me for money that she paid for me before. I'm upset because I spent a ton of money on her and I never ask her to pay me back. She begin to say she is out of money and can't pay rent. I told her to sale our engagement ring to survive. She says no. (She divorced twice and she is only 28yrs old) her past engagement to told me she brought on her own so she is selling it when we are together. Now we broke up she don't want to sell or ring.

I begin to think she want too get married and file divorce so she can collect the spouse support. After being together six month she ask me to buy ring. Again she is only 28 years old divorced twice. What do hours think.

I'm so glad we didn't get marry yet. Should I pay her back or no?

Thanks for the help and sorry I jump around in the story.

You owe her nothing. She's a trainwreck and needs to get her life back on track. So she can't pay her rent? Boo - freaking - hoo. She has an expensive engagement ring from a relationship that is now over and she'd rather not pay her rent than to pawn it off? Her priorities are messed up! No wonder she's twice divorced already and she is in her 20s. What a huge red flag.

Paying her money is wrong because 1) you owe her nada in the first place and 2) you would be enabling her to be a mooch and not get her s___t together. She's a mess and she needs to pull herself out of it. I suspect she probably used her previous husbands to bail her out. Time for her to grow up.

You definitely dodged a bullet. Next time, pay attention to how much a woman has gotten married. If she's in her 20s with TWO (!!) divorces or more under her belt, there's a high likelihood of something being wrong with her.

If you specifically borrowed money from her and told her you'd repay her then yes, start to pay it back. Or pay it back if you have it and be done with it. If she's starting to want money for things that were gifts and/or purchased as part of the relationship--i.e. she paid for the wedding venue for instance--then no, you don't owe her anything. If nothing is in writing it is her word against yours and there is no law that I know of that says gifts have to be paid back.

If she persists send her an itemized bill of all the things you paid for, the dollar amount on each, then tell her she owes all of that to you too. I'm sure she'll be more than amenable to working something out or forgiving any perceived debts at that point. Cough-cough.

After that block and delete her, so that she can't reach you any longer or hire an attorney to draft a cease and desist letter if she continues harassing you. You did, indeed, dodge a bullet by not marrying her. Now refuse to get sucked into her games and go NC once the money issue is resolved.

I never borrow anything from her. She requested me to quit my job and I told her then I don't have any income. Once I quit she used her saving to pay my credit card interest only and tell everyone all the stuff I brought for her is same as she brought for herself.

And one day she and her mom want me to sell my car and take my retirement plan out to pay for marriage and buy a house. I was blinded in love so I listen to them. When I got my full retsirement money. She said lets buy a house and not pay off my debts.

Once I heard that I know something is wrong. I dont have anywhere close for down payment on the house she wanted. So she said her parents can help the rest. I deep in my mind the money I pitch in and our unstable relationship, when we breakup again ill be screwed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

I didnt want to block her yet because I want to collect all the evidence she try to harass me in case happens I can defend myself. Btw her parents is is controlling her every move. They will find a way to get money from their clients aka me.

If she didn't loan you any money, then it doesn't matter what her parents will do, they can't get money from you. Even if she DID loan you money but has no written/typed "credible" proof that she did, then it won't hold up in court. Verbal agreements like these after relationships end don't hold up in court because all the other person can say is "Well it was a gift, you gave me money during a relationship and you didn't say I had to pay back" and then that's all it takes for a judge to throw it out.

So anyway, I would just block her. She is trying to get your attention. Block her and she will stop. If she was actually serious about getting back money (had she loaned you any) then she could have you served up with a lawsuit already. But she hasn't done that already, right? Oh yeah, because it's absolutely bogus and she's a desperate basketcase.

Thank you for all your opinions. I think you all stands font give her any. I have to admit I guided her $500 because I felt bad for her but after today she want me to give her $3000. In two months, that posed me of cause I don't owe her any. There was never a loan.

Dude, it's simple...

YOU move as far away from her as you can, change your numbers, your addresses, everythgin, and never talk to her again - Period!

You use what resources you have to get yourself there - and without employment right now, yu have a lot more freedom than if you were locally employed - and do get that employment issue fixed, SOON!

Archived