I told her I needed space

lightyears

I apologize if this thread gets lengthy but i'm not going to leave out any details, that being said, here it is. We are both 18, by the way.

I've been dating this girl for two months (I know) and I really like her. Everything was fine and dandy in the beginning, to be expected. We were kicked out of the "honeymoon phase" a little prematurely. Let me mention that I didn't know this girl for more then a month before we started dating, and I now know that is a mistake, I wish I would of got to know her better. Anyways, the honeymoon phase ends about a month in when we both start college. She has a much more stressful schedule, trying to balance it between me, school, work, ect.

About two weeks into the start of school she started complaining that she was always exhausted. No matter how much sleep she got, she was always "cranky" as she called it and it made our text conversations very hard for me, constantly trying to cheer her up or just talk to her, and having her be dull and mad. After the whole "i'm always tired" episode, came the problem that really worried me. To summarize, she is upset that she doesn't get along with girls (I hate when girls are like this, what do you mean you don't get along?) and that she doesn't have a close guy friend. This was when I first started feeling... let's say.. unwanted. Why aren't I good enough? She swears every time she is sad/mad that I think it's my fault, but what else should I think if she doesn't actually tell me what's wrong?

Tonight things got pretty heated up between us. I went out to eat with one of buddies for his birthday. She seemed like she was fine with it, I invited her but she kind of just blew it off. Towards the end of the night in our conversation via text, everything was fine and then somehow we got into the subject of why she didn't want to see me for the past week. She said things like "I don't want to be with you right now, I don't want to be with anybody... I just want to be alone and I wish you would understand that it's not because of you because it makes me angry" (what doesn't make her angry?)

I shared my feelings saying that it hurts to hear that from the person that I like so much, to hear that she doesn't want to be with me. A couple more texts like this went by and I decided to just ask her straight up if that means she doesn't want to date me anymore. She replied saying "No? this is what I mean, no where there did I say I didnt want to be with you. I just dont want to hang out right now? how the does that say that I don't want to date you? This is why I cant talk to you. You just blow it out of proportion and think its all you." This is where I told her I need some space to think things over. (because I feel arguing over texts solves nothing).

So that's it. I really don't think I want to date this girl. I mean it's only been two months and the last 3 weeks have been spent trying to keep her happy, at the cost of my own diminishing happiness. It feels really good to vent on this website. I don't think this girl has time, or is ready for a relationship right now. Maybe if we didn't both have so much going on in our work/school lives it could of worked. Really a shame that it had to end up this way. So, opinions on my situation?

I would say let it go. She seems to be overwhelmed with everything and with that has lost interest in you. Trust me, from working 50 hour work weeks of physical labor, i've still found time to hang with the one i love. DOn't take excuses, don't take her manipulations or blame, just tell her you want a break up, and moveon. Shouldn't hurt too bad. Just keep busy

Archived