Is this his way of ending things?

Telly986

He told me not contact him anymore and he needs space. We live 4 hours apart and he recently lost his job.Things are not going well for him so I am assuming he is depressed.However, its been 2 weeks and I haven't heard from him. Is there any chance that I might hear from him in the near future or this was his way of ending things? We have known each other for few years

How long have you two been officially together? And how often do you get to see one another? Maybe losing his job is just a blow to his self-esteem and he is trying to sort his stuff out. If it were me, I'd send him a text saying "Love you and miss you and you know you can talk to me whenever you want" to open things back up, but leave the ball in his court.

Personally, if my 'boyfriend' told me not to contact him anymore, I would be very hesitant to contact him and would assume it was over. That said, I know myself enough to know that I'll likely weaken at some point, so I'd probably have to delete his number (and texts and phone history etc) to make sure of it.

How long have you two been officially together? And how often do you get to see one another? Maybe losing his job is just a blow to his self-esteem and he is trying to sort his stuff out. If it were me, I'd send him a text saying "Love you and miss you and you know you can talk to me whenever you want" to open things back up, but leave the ball in his court.

We live 4 hours apart and we have been seeing each other on and off for few years the distance is just too much of us.We talked about moving closer in the future

He told me not contact him anymore and he needs space

I think he was very clear about what he wanted, I don't see the ambiguity? He told you not to contact him anymore - this is a breakup. You live 4 hours apart, I would think this was enough space, it's not like you were able to see each other all the time to the point where he felt overwhelmed. If he needs even more space than that, what's left?

This is what he wants, let him go. Move on. And if he, by any chance, comes back at a later date, ignore. What he did does not a successful relationship make.

btw, it is very common in LDRs for people to slip away when they meet someone new who is local. And they don't always give accurate reasons for the breakup. So if he has told you not to contact him, i would guess that he may now be dating someone local and doesn't want another girl calling him when he's with her. So rather than have all the drama of telling you the truth, he just throws out a mixed bag of other excuses and slips off.

Archived