Why Now and Why the Anger??

Small recap my ex and I were together for 3 years he broke it off (b/c he had someone else) I was unhappy for the most part but still heartbroken over it. It has been 2 months since the breakup and he has not contacted me except for a text or two and I haven't for the most part except a handful of times only for a financial situation we had. The first week of the breakup I did send him an email wishing him the best that type of thing and no response, which I did not expect nor need one. Well now almost two months later he decides to respond to the email but very negatively and sent a couple of texts that were kind of ugly also. My question is why respond to me now and where is the anger coming from? He wanted me gone. He treated me badly (although I had a lot of anger towards him at the end) I would still never say the things he did to me. Is it b/c maybe he and his girl are fighting or things aren't working out. I don't know but this has kind of set me back a bit. I didn't respond to his email or texts but then he showed up to my brothers house so I did send him a text saying not to contact me and stay away from my family. I just don't get his reasons for it.

Yes, he and his girl hit a rough patch and so now he's decided to throw a tantrum and be nasty to you simply because he felt a need to be nasty to someone. You did good by not responding and by only texting him to stay away from you and your family.

I know it feels like a setback at the moment, but it's actually progress in that he behaved badly and you didn't cave, but did show him he isn't welcome in your life. Be proud for sticking up for yourself and keep moving on. Block and delete him, so he can't contact you back for any reason and give your brother a heads up on what he did, so if he tries to show up and be all buddy buddy your sibling can tell him to take a hike too.

Move on, this one sounds like a jerk you are better off without.

There could be an infinite amount of reasons... maybe its a rough patch as others suggest, but it could also be spite, or things are going so well that he feels confident enough to really burn that bridge. Of course there could be way more reasons, but no matter what the reason, the thing is that you no longer have to wonder why.

Who cares why he responded with that tone.

Dont feed the fire, just delete the emails, texts and dont respond. There is no need to. You can live your life, he can live his and thats it.

Devote no more energy to this, in fact use this as a healing tool....

Archived