Day 4 of NC and he has text me. please help me be strong!

So 5 days ago I finally just said enough was enough. You are either all in or not in at all. I said it a month ago too but didn't stick to it as I naively thought as he was still sticking around he must want to be 'all in'.

Nope. Actions speak louder then words. I shouldn't have to feel uncomfortable saying 'what are WE doing this weekend?'

so that's it I was done. I told him I deserved better then this and was worth more then this but if you cant commit to me properly you cant have any part of me. goodbye and take care. He wasn't shocked - he knew I was unhappy and even said he knew I deserved better.

3 years I have been with this man talking everyday. we lived together for 1 and a half years but for the last 10 months after I moved out, Ive been dragging this out....stuck in limbo land between being his gf and being his fwb. but Not being quite either of those things.

he said he was going to miss me but oh well.

so anyway I have stayed strong - 4 days is the longest we have EVER not been in communication.

today I wake up to a 'hi' text message from him sent at 2.30 this morning PLUS he has reactivated his FB which he hasn't had for 2 YEARS after deactivating it way back then! which I know he was looking at my page because he requested one of my friends but then retracted it.

Im not looking into this as anything but a drunk/lonely/nostalgic/horny text.

I was stupid enough to text him this morning with this.... '???? drunk texting?'

which I wish I didn't ! ARGHHHHHGHGHGHGH! and Im torn coz I really want to call him and ask him he is playing at! - f#@K his breadcrumbs! the days off me begging for scraps from his table are over!

I truly wasn't expecting him to text me/call me tho.

its set me back. oh someone chop my fingers off and rip out my tongue right now PLEASE!

That's right. Don't be so hard on yourself. Go back NC, mentally prepare yourself for NOT responding if he texts you again, better yet block his number if you need to. Learn from this and remember that moment of regret next time you get an overwhelming urge to reach out to him. Hugs.

4 days is not enough time. I've been where you are....in limbo, wanting things to work out, and realizing with every brief reconciliation things will never change. We actually broke up almost 2 months ago but have been back and forth w considering reconciliation. FINALLY I said enough is enough, deleted him from my FB (which I have never been able to do before), blocked him from FB and blocked his number. Those are all huge for me because to me it symbolizes closing doors and taking steps to truly end things and move on. It's not easy...I'm missing him so much right now but I just have to ride it out. It will subside....I know this

Always remember: Unless his text/email/fax/hand written letter or note via carrier pigeon doesn't start out with: "I've mad a terrible mistake, I'm getting help for my inability to actually commit to someone/something and I'd really like to try to be the person you want me to be" then you're best just to delete it and then immediately go do something that will take your mind off of him and his bull droppings.

Day one starts today. One day at a time.

Thanks all.

well yes its been totally confirmed now. He called me. I picked up. (that wont happen again)

I said you text me last night - why!!!!? he sad 'I Did?' Ummm yeah. 'Oh sorry just drunk texting I suppose.'

me: 'so u didn't get my text this morning saying 'drunk texting?'

He denied. (pathetic liar)

I said 'ok look I know you may not love me but please have at least some care and respect for me and for what we had to not treat me like a booty call'

he said no I wasn't. I said there is only one reason a man texts u at 2am. he said that wasn't the case with him. he was just drunk. ANd havent I ever text drunk before? it wont happen again he said.

He was very cold - like this was somehow my fault!! Turd

Then he said he went back on fb coz he was bored, when I told him he had requested a friend of mine and then retracted it.

He cant admit to anything. He was probably embarrassed and therefore was all cold and 'whatever' - acting like I was making a big deal when I wasn't I just wanted to define my boundaries with him and ask for peace!.

I know now I should not have responded to this at all but I will know for the next time.

wow! burnt again.

Oh and after our conversation he went off fb again! lol.

anyway if anything, this has made it even more clear for me to stay away from this emotionally unavailable 43yo child!!

Archived