Why does she still want to be friends if I hurt her?

thejazzynator

So me and my girlfriend of 2 months broke up. She said she got tired of me going off on her for no reason, but the reason I did it was because of her suspicious behavior which suggested she waa hiding something from me or maybe cheating? I still don't know for sure and hate that things ended without me knowing the truth. She does have a history of cheating but she admitted that when we first started dating and that it was 5 years ago when she was younger and she was ready to settle down and she hoped I was the one. She keeps in contact with a lot of her exs because the woman she was living with, another ex she broke up with 2 years ago, kept ruining her relationships with her girlfriends but she stayed friends with some of them. She said she stayed with the girl to use her for a better life for her son because the girl had money but eventually broke up because the girl didn't like her son and was very selfish. She still lived there up until they almost got into a physical altercation a month ago at her sons bday party and her ex forced her to move out. Her son is loving with his dad as of now.

As for her behavior, sometimes when she she would say she was going somewhere or when we were playing video games she would encourage me to go something like take a break when earlier she was acting like she didn't wanna stop playing with me. It would be very abrupt and she even sounded different when she brought it up. Also when she left and came back I asked her what she did it sounded like she would make up something on the fly and one time she made up something so ridiculous that we both got quiet because of the akwardness. I didn't mention it again but it was just weird. Then I had a concert one day, and the night before i asked her what she was doing and she said making a dress when she disappeared on me. I asked to see it and she got angry and defensive and said no but yet when i went to my concert she showed me the dress and wouldn't leave me alone to enjoy the show and got mad if i didn't text her back and acted like I was gonna get hit on. I brought this up to her and she claimed it was because she didn't want me to drink but this behavior started long before i went to the show and lasted throughout. She got mad because my phone went dead and i couldn't immediately text her back and she was the first person I called when i got it charged and she acted like she didn't believe me. She was super clingy the first month but when i said i was gonna come and spend the week with her she layed off a bit. Plus i had a major exam coming up so i guess she wanted to make sure i came. When i came and saw her i still felt uneasy, but i saw in person what was making me uneasy when i wasn't with her. She texted her exs, even though she showed me all of their facebook profiles. And it is cool that she is friends with them but it is just the way she went about everything. Sometimes i would walk in on her and she'd pretend like she was looking in the mirror when i know she was on the phone. Other times we were at the beach and she kept messaging this girl almost the entire time, after her behavior plus that i started crying and she got angry but held me and said she wasn't gonna leave me. While she was holding me she kept messaging the same girl and the next day while we were on her Facebook page whenever the girl popped up she would quickly pass the girls profile until I said something and she told me who she was and showed me her profile.

It was weird because the bought we got back from the beach she said she had been talking to a friend who wne through a break up and said the girls name and it wasn't the same girl. Then when i brouhgt it up again she said it was her mom. Afterwards she started texting anorher ex she said i had a lot in common with and showed me the texts and i saw how her ex texted her and her ex was comfortable enough to say she missed her and she called her love. I feel like she was adjusting how she would normally respond to her because i was watching. I do admit i was having car trouble the entire time and she did help pay for my car to get fixed, her and her entire family who met me for the first time. But i also helped pay for her business to start as well. That last time i needed to go to the mechanic she made up an excuse not to go while she was texting her ex who she kept trying to invite to come see her one day at the time. I came back and she was playing video games but asked me a weird question about the level she was on like was the a sufficient enough level to be on given how long I'd been gone? It was a weird question.

She left her phone around me but did seem very nervous whenever someone messaged or called her when i was near it. Also one day i woke up and my phone was gone, i went back to sleep and woke up and she had walked in the phone with my phone in her hand. I didn't say anything but i think she went through it because the night before my phone kept going off but they were just random emails from stores. Her phone went off at 3 am one night from texts and i didn't say anything. She claimed it was her mom but she does live with her mom, then again when her phone went off she reached around and cuddled me. It was weird. Then when i went back home she would sometimes say stuff like when i get to your city I'm gonna flirt with all the girls and you can't be insecure and got mad if i called her crazy but then texted me and said she was just playing when i didn't say anything to her.

I don't know it has just been a build up of stuff. I admit at times we were really good but i was so caught up on her behavior if she did the slightest thing to set me off i went off on her. Plus i think she had a thing for money because she asked for it and as soon as a i went to see her she wanted to go shopping and everything she wanted to do was expensive. She is used to dating girls with money and them sending her money but not anybody really loving her like I did so she claimed but then she had behavior like this. Then she had a short fuse and could be very selfish and inconsiderate. She broke up with me, honestly i was hurt but after these past couple of days I'm a bit relieved. She still wanted to remain friends though but i told her to mail me back all of the things i left at her place because she didn't want me to pick it up in person. It is all too much, and too weird. She still wants to be friends and i don't know why. I don't know if she's using me too or actually cares or is hurt.

Her good side is that she was fun and sweet, she was affectionate, i did meet her family and they all collectively, including her helped me with my car and she got up under my hood to make sure it was running okay. I don't know why a person who would do all of that would cheat but her behavior suggested she was hiding something. The day before the break up she said she went biking with an old friend after we had fought that morning. For whatever reason that didn't set off any alarms in my head. Maybe it should? Idk if i should trust her or not. She is making a blanket for my friend who was gonna buy it from her. Maybe she's staying friends until my friend buys the blanket? I don't know. She did get really defensive over simple stuff though, then again my friends told me even though her behavior is iffy i needed to be more confident in her. The girl was sending me pics of herself in my pajamas and i still doubted her.

But when she would post things on her facebook with me in it depending on what i said sometimes she hid it. Other tines she didn't. She claimed it was because she didn't want her ex to find out and try to contact me. She posted up our pics on instagram after she left her exs house. Idk it was just a build up of her behavior for me. That coupled with the other stuff. Even her mom told me she had a bad attitude and temper sometimes and to watch out. I don't know. Why does she want to be friends? I think that's weird too. Yet she'll hit me up and act hurt and like she wants to talk now or wants me to beg her to talk to her. I'm confused.

Even though your whole post is very speratic and kind of confusing to follow, it didnt take me long to figure out that this girl is a waste of your time.

She is immature, needy and a cheater. She is friends with her ex's because she likes the attention they all still give her, as mhowe said - she is addicted to it.

She will never be faithful to just one person and her paranoia is caused because she assumes you are doing the same thing she is.

There is no trust, stop wasting your time with this girl.. if you don't cut all ties with her, you are going to become like her other needy ex's who she uses to spark her needs to feel wanted and attention. She is the exact definition of an "Attention Wh*re".

Archived