Confused: Broke Up With Me Because He "Can't Give Me What I Want"

trishlove

Okay, here goes. My ex broke up with me because according to him, he can’t give me what I want in a relationship. He can’t give me the time I needed from him, and he can’t take me out on dates. He’s going through a lot of problems with money and school. I can’t seem to help him get through those. Because of the time that he consumes for me, he said he can barely go out with friends. Also, I think that he’s an insecure guy.

He said he needed some time alone, and that he will come back when the time is right (oh my god). He even offered to be friends because he said he didn’t want to completely cut off communication with me (double whammy). Of course I ended up saying no in a very bitter and angry way (my bad). I mean, he chose to live without me so he better stick with it. He even asked for pictures of us in case I wanted to dispose them. I gave our pictures to him.

I’m so confused. If he loves me, he should have found a way to work things out with me. He shouldn't have just dropped me like a hot potato. I also had reasons to leave him, but I stayed. Why can’t he do that with me? Does he not love me at all? Does he not love me enough? Someone please tell me why stuff like this happens.

A lot of men aren't ready for a serious relationship until they have their "ducks in a row." Have a car, finish school, have their own apartment, have a job, etc... Until he has those things in order, and it sounds like he is having some problems, he won't have the energy for a gf. I'm sorry. I think it's just best to move on.

Thank you for your honest replies.

Yes, he did say that he just doesn't have the time to date anyone. Another thing is I am already a university graduate and have a job. I'm currently taking up my masteral degree. He, on the other hand, is still coping with studies and financial problems. I thought at first it was because of me; most likely I have problems too. However, he assured me not to blame myself.

It's sad because of the broken promises. It's sad because love is just not enough.

The truth is he really may not be able to give u what u need. I feel as if you know it but dont want to come to terms with it. Of course u will help him. because u love him. A mans masculinity is stripped when his woman has to "take care" of him. He wont accept your help because of this. Its prob best to let the relationship be for right now. Its doesnt mean he doesnt love he. He is just not ready!

Sounds like your in a similar situation to me, im sorry your having to go through it too. Me and my bf can be great together and he can be very sweet but he always seemed to just think about what he wants and didnt consider my feelings at all, last night when I saw him things were fine and out of nowhere he flipped and was saying how maybe hes not ready for a relationship, he prefers being on his own and wants to get drunk with friends at weekends (I think he needs to grow up!) I think he might have some depression or something though, he always wants to run and hide. Like you I wanna help him but he doesnt want the help. I feel like cos I thought he cared about me more than he does, I wish I could tell you why this happens, I feel like its excuses just cos he doesnt wanna be with me but who knows. Im here if you wanna talk, its such a horrid feeling. I dont even know if we are broken up cos he freaked out and said he had to leave and ive not heard from him yet today so im guessing its over! Dunno how hes changed so much, it must be me. I hope you get over him quickly and can be happy x

Archived