Day 1 NC and already feeling better.

Joanne19852010

It's only been a week since I found out he was seeing someone else, a week after we broke up. I'm not sure why but today I've woke up a lot more positive. The way he treated me, he's her problem now. I'm sure I'll have a lot more down days and do feel I need to talk to someone but as I'm writing this, I'm thinking who knows what will happen to me or any of us. I want to take chances and see the world, that would never of happened with him. He's gone and my future will be better than his because I'm stronger than he will ever be onto Day 2 NC also this might be really pathetic but I've wrote little reminders on my phone congratulating myself when I get to one week, two, a month, six weeks then two months and that is all I'm setting. Two months!

I am happy you are having a better day. Even if in a few days you have a bad day again, the present day is a sign that you can slowly overcome this. It means that as time goes by, such days as today will happen more frequently and be even better as today. You will get there. I am really happy to read your post.

I told him I was moving on and made the mistake of saying id been asked on a date and he said to go and be the cheating slag Im meant to be. He said he's the happiest he's been in years. I don't understand why he keeps emailing if he's happy. I just said I'm glad your happy, don't bother replying there's no point and to take care. Why would he tell me he's the happiest he's been in years. That's the worst thing he's ever said to me. I did email first and he was really nasty and angry so I told him to control his emotions I was only saying goodbye and was pleasant and he's the one acting like he cares and he replied with whatever Joanne I'm fine and the happiest I've been in years.

You need to stop contacting him. You see what good it is doing to you to contact him?

Set a small goal for yourself: 1 week no contact. And then analyse whether it was good for you not contacting him during the week compared to how you feel today. And then you can make your own conclusions based on that experience.

I know he did this last year and i had enough and made it to two weeks then he contacted me and I gave in. It's different this time last time I was pining over him and didn't know what was happening. I didn't believe he had it in him then. I do this time. Someone else wants to take me on a date I don't know what to do if I go it's finally over x

I think you are not ready to date. I would tell your date that you are going through a bad time due to a break up and you don't want to make him your rebound relationship, but that you would like to hang around with him still as friends only because you are needing a good friend right now.

Can't you block your ex everywhere? Phone, email, FB, whatever?

My sister said she will change it for me today. Your right I'm not ready to date, I'm going to have to tell this other person I'm not ready to date, I really miss my ex and am struggling to understand the choice he made. I want to see him so much but I know even if he does ask me he still chose someone else over me and that will never change.

• 2 weeks later...

Good job. If you look in my history about 3 years back I was in your position with a relationship of 5 1/2 years. The pain was unbearable but I tried to keep my head up and focus on myself. About a few months later he came crawling back but by then I had moved on to someone new...my current boyfriend That is to say I never stopped caring for my ex but I mean, I realized how we weren't a great fit together after all. Keep doing what you do. i know it might be hard to see but things usually end up being for the best. There are BETTER things to come!

Archived