Should I forget about her and move on? Or should we still be friends?

JuggernautJay

Ok, to start from the beggining, around christmas time 2010 I met a girl called Katie. We started chatting and we became close over time. The 2 of us talk on a regular basis, like every 2-3 days and our conversations would last hours. we gradually got closer and closer and earlier this year we went on a few dates but never made anything official. We were best friends and we both admitted we had feelings for each other. So on June 5th of this year we got together officially.

As far as I'm aware everything was going well. However, a little while after we got together I introduced her to my friend Jack. I could see that they were getting along but it didn't bother me as I trusted both of them. Last Friday me and her went to a gig together and she asked if Jack could come too. I said it was fine and he came with us. Afterwards I was driving her home and I asked why she wanted Jack to come. so she told me the truth and said that her and Jack had been talking a lot and she is starting to develop feelings for him and he's told her he feels the same way. I said we would talk about it tomorrow as I was tired (in truth I was just shocked.)

Saturday came and I went around to her house and asked her for the details. She told me that she wanted Jack there so they could explain together but Jack was away till Monday and couldn't come around. She ended our relationship and asked if I could wait till Monday for an explanation.

Monday came and I went around to her house again and Jack was there. They told me that the two of them are now in a relationship. They explained that since I had introduced them they had become close. Jack told me that he's sorry as he knows how much effort I've put into Katie and how much time I've spent but he can't help how he feels and neither can she. She told me that she was wrong about her feelings toward me and that she was happier when we were friends and didn't want to be anything more. Eventually, after they had finished explaining and justifying it they asked what I was going to do. I told Katie that I truly had fallen in love with her and I had always trusted Jack so I would find it hard coping with. I told them that it would be best if I were to cut off contact with them both as it would be easier for me to move on if I did. I left. Katie rung me up that night telling me that I mean a lot to her and she wants me as a part of her life and begging that we could still be friends. She asked me not to break contact with her and that I'm the best friend she's ever had.

I'm now hesitant to block them both. They were only doing what they thought was right weren't they? All I know is that if I remain in contact I'll still have feelings for katie and it's already killing me seeing the two of them together and happy. But I do want her to be a part of my life. She means a lot to me and I really want her as a friend too. What would you guys do?

Sorry that this is so long, I'm just so confused. Thanks for reading

Cut ties and move on. She choose him. You can't be friends with someone you're in love with. You'll hurt yourself, a lot. I did the same a while back, took me 5 years to heal from that torture. You'll just ressent your friend Jack for stealing her from you, you'll ressent her for not choosing you, and mostly you'll hate yourself for letting your feelings take over your pride. If you stay it is to get her back (and even then it won't work out). That or cutting ties. Do it. I know it's hard, but do yourself a favor and do it while you still can.

Cut ties, find yourself a rebound girl and then come back, eventually this will end well and you'll all be good friends or whatever

I suppose Jack wasn't a really good friend. Time and time again, "friends" show their true faces, especially when it comes down to situations like these. I wouldn't advise hanging around them, as it will pain you each time you see them together. Wish them well and go.

Archived