Please help me, cant stand this feeling

laney1979

Hey guys,

I've posted here before about my break up so i wont repeat the full story again.

Please go easy on me, im feeling pretty fragile at the moment.

In a nut shell, was with my ex 7 months. We broke up a long 8 months ago (he ended things with me cos he didn't know what he wanted basically). we work in the same building so i would see him or walk by him about 2 out of the 5 working days.

There are two things i need help with. The first is how i am feeling right now.

In the last 8 months i have become a lot better than the broken mess that i was BUT, no matter what i do, no matter who i date, no matter how busy i keep i just CANT GET OVER HIM!! i love and miss him so much i cannot even put it into words. I am so sad without him and when i imagine a scenario that he will text or call, even the thoughts of it make me so happy. I have never loved or missed someone so much in my entire life.I just feel so lost without him and have not been my happy self at all. Its seems he is all i think about (its starting to make me think there's something wrong with me). These feelings of anxiety , sadness and just plain feeling miserable are just consuming me and i don't know how much more i can take. I have been unhappy for 8 whole months, clinging on to any bit of hope he will come back. why cant i let go?? and how can i stop feeling this way?

The second thing i need help with is help with understanding him lately?? we have been no contact now about 3 or 4 months....i spent the first few months of the break up doing what a lot of people do...begging, calling , texting, sent a letter.....i tried everything to attempt to get him to reconcile but he obviously got fed up with this (which i can understand) and blocked me from social media and whats app etc. so i decided then that i would not try to contact him again. we used to say hello to each other in work before no contact started. now we don't. ok, so im getting to the part i need help understanding .

He broke my heart, hurt me so bad, and now when i walk by him in work he looks at me shamefully and does not even have the decency to say hello to me. He looks right through me. ignores me. This has been going on for months. He will hold open the door for me sometimes and say "you're welcome" but downright refuses to say hello. He is making me feel like crap by doing this and making me feel so sad. The other day i just thought "this is so silly" so when i saw him leaving work i turned around and looked him right in the eyes hoping it would give him the opportunity to say hi. NOTHING!! He then forgot something and came back so this time i was talking with my friend, had the biggest smile on my face ever when i turned and looked at him and again NOTHING! not a smile, not a smirk, not a hi. He just looked at me with his usual ashamed look. what i don't get though is that he is always asking my work mates how i am. why ask how i am if you wont even say hello to me??????

Its been 8 months and im sure people around me think i should have let it go by now but to be honest i don't seem to be the only one....surely if he was ok now and over it he would have no problem saying hello?? The look on his face each time tells me he is not. He seems angry?? i don't know why? All i ever did was love him and when he walks by me like a stranger it hurts so so much

I just don't know what to do there is no hope of reconciliation but i love him so so much and every day i have this empty pain in my chest because of his absence. I feel so sad im afraid i cant even put it into works. Every day i pray he will text but that does not look like its going to happen

Please somebody help

Thanks for reading guys xx

You know his personality better than anyone else here. I'd venture to say he's ashamed and scared. Another word jumps out at me as well, but I won't post it here

Smile and exude happiness each time you see him. Might eventually break down and come back crawling. Or might not. Either way, you need to occupy yourself with something other than thoughts of how great he was.

This is the problem with getting involved with someone from work. How important is your job to you? If I could find another one, I do that and move forward.

thanks for the reply guys.

my job is important to me.been there almost 5 years. Really don't wanna have to leave. I just don't think i can take this feeling much longer.... Being in love with someone that doesn't want to know me. Its so tough

thanks for the reply guys.

my job is important to me.been there almost 5 years. Really don't wanna have to leave. I just don't think i can take this feeling much longer.... Being in love with someone that doesn't want to know me. Its so tough

Then the time to start talking yourself out of the belief that you love him is long past due. As you keep training your mind to stay latched onto the guy, that's how long you'll keep suffering.

It's a decision. Make a new one.

Head high.

Archived