Ex girlfriend keeping me away from her new boyfriend?

Duffman26

So, my ex gf dumped me 3 months ago and she jumped into her rebound relationship within a couple weeks. we've been together for 3 years. Here we are 3 months later and we have a 2 year old daughter between us. I just told her I'd be coming up at 8 am to pick up our daughter & she said "ok, we aren't spending the night at the house, so I can meet you somewhere in town to pick up our daughter"....I know she is spending the night at her bf's house, & she knows I know that I know.. Why would she make me meet her in town after she has already told me where he lives awhile back? (we are on great terms, never fight, argue or really disagree for that matter, we always get along)

At first I was going to say that shouldn't be an issue but then I read that you have a daughter.

Although she is not legally required to introduce you to anyone that is around your daughter, have you actually met him? Hopefully he is okay to be around your daughter.

That being said, there may be reasons unrelated to you why she chose a different spot for you to pickup your daughter. Maybe he was leaving and needed took up the house. Maybe your ex simply wanted to make it less complicated. Maybe she wanted to avoid a confrontation between the two of you. Who knows?

Now that she has moved on, then it is time for you to change your focus to being the best dad you can, and on being peaceful and cooperative co-parents who are always keeping their daughter's best interests at heart.

Don't try to read between lines.

A 3-month breakup is still very recent. Emotions are likely running high, particularly if a child is involved. Meeting you at a neutral place is far more advisable to meeting you at her new boyfriend's house. Especially if you've never met him before. Could be quite a scene. Many people have been killed in scenes like that. Remember OJ? That is just the tip of the iceberg.

While she's stupid for having your daughter around a new man, there's likely not much you can do about that without consulting your lawyer. Meanwhile, skip the psyche analysis of your ex and consider that it's far better for your daughter to have a neutral place for her transition.

Thank you all, I appreciate it. I just felt like it was a little weird since she mentions him all the time and I just keep quiet about the subject as long as my daughter is safe and secure when she is with them. That's the most important thing to me.

I do have another question if you all wouldn't mind giving me a little more advice. How often is too much/not enough contact for 1 parent when our daughter is with the other parent? I ask this because when my daughter is with her mother, I like to tell her good morning & goodnight each day and her mother is the same way when I have our daughter but she also likes to text/call once or twice in between throughout the day to see how she is doing. It's the same routine every single day. One day I told my daughter good morning and goodnight and her mother called me a half-a** parent because I didn't check in on her during the afternoon, just to make sure everything was ok. Is this contact too much? Or was I wrong for not texting her to make sure our daughter was ok? This happened 2 days after she got into a relationship with this guy.

Archived