She texted me by accident, lol.

I think the last time I heard from her was about 2 weeks ago? A brief one sentence text about financial stuff and my response was a one word answer "fine". Today she texted me by accident about a city alert that there is a tornado warning and "be safe". I didnt respond. Found it odd. Then she said "Im ok" as if were were in a conversation and then she realized that she meant to text her dad and said "oops, sorry, that was meant for dad"....

I didnt respond at all but it did shake me up for a little bit, thinking of all the things I could have said back. "Whatever", "Get your sh*t straight", or "Oh, for a second there I thought you actually gave a damn, thanks for clearing it up!", "I miss you!"

Or then thinking about texing her "Hey babe, I want you to wear that pink lacy thing I got you tonight!" Then a few minutes later... "Oops, sorry, that wasnt meant for you." That would drive her out of her mind!!!! I wont resort to that though.

I dont know what the hell her deal is. After all these years and she has absolutely no regard for me at all. Best friends and now complete strangers. I am kind of wondering how she made that mistake though. Wondering if she had my name up typing mock messages and then not hitting send, that type of thing. Nothing I can do though. just keep getting through each day.

She ruined my life and as hard as I am trying, I just cant seem to picture happiness without her. It still seems completely impossible. What a damn shame...

Trust me when I say that I wish you guys were right but I honestly believe that it was a mistake. The only thing that doesnt make sense is that my name begins with a W and her dad is clearly under D so I cant figure out how she could make that mistake. Its so much fun to over-analyze and obsess over this stuff though! Keeps me busy! LMFAO!

Thanks for the wishful thinking though guys but I honestly dont think she gives a damn about me. Really.

I mistake getting D and W mixed up. Highly doubtful. She wanted some attention.

Well, either way, she didnt get it... Got to say though, it would be nice to have the upper hand in this whole thing for a while if she does start to come sniffing around. Now that I am stronger and have gone through most of the withdrawals. Im like a damn armored tank now! Tough as nails baby!

She wont get a word out of me unless she flips that switch back and I dont see it happening any time soon. I dont want to talk to the stranger she has become anyways. I hate that person more than I have ever hated anything in my life.

One can still dream though so keep feeding me this stuff about how it was a cry for attention! lol

It happened to all of us. No mistakes there. She most likely have an iPhone or something like that, right? Yeah it's very, very hard to send a message to the "wrong" person. Ignore. Don't give in to the temptation. If she wanted anything but attention she would not do that. Best wishes.

It happened to all of us. No mistakes there. She most likely have an iPhone or something like that, right? Yeah it's very, very hard to send a message to the "wrong" person. Ignore. Don't give in to the temptation. If she wanted anything but attention she would not do that. Best wishes.

Come on now! your getting my damn hopes up here! I am smiling ear to ear thinking that there is a slight chance that this was intentional. I just dont buy it, lol. She is so cold and calus, she is strong and stubborn as hell. I just cant process the idea that it wasnt a mistake on her part. Not after how she has been handling it thus far.

I can tell you that it makes me pretty happy thinking about it though, more so that there is no real temptation on my part to respond or look at it as an opportunity to contact her. It is nice to sit here and think that she is starting to squirm a little bit though. There has been no sign of remorse, regret, feeling for me, consideration, decency or anything since the moment she broke it off. It was like she was rewired or brain washed within 24 hours.

Keep feeding me this crap though guys! I will eat it right up!

Well, I hate to burst your bubble, but it's not "you" she missing, it's your "attention." Big difference. And in no way does it mean she's thinking about getting back together. She just doesn't like being ignored, which is what you are doing. TRUST ME, as soon as you start responding to her, and giving her the attention she so craves, she will start ignoring you again.

Continue going no contact. I would also suggest blocking her or changing your phone number so she does not have access to you.

There is NO WAY IN HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you can text the wrong person unless you have made a mistake with the number while saving the contact. She was just testing the waters, leave her be, things are taking effect on her, see how this whole thing is playing out man?

I think you're missing the point here. If she wanted to get back with you, she would just say so. She was just looking for your attention. Why yours? Because you both dated. But that's it. No mind games, no nothing. Don't overthink, there is absolutely nothing more to it.

I can't even count the number of times my ex has sent me a message presumably intended for someone else. There's no flippn' way you can screw that up on an iPhone unless you're dumb as a rock. Wait a minute... Now my situation totally makes sense! Lol.

I think you're missing the point here. If she wanted to get back with you, she would just say so. She was just looking for your attention. Why yours? Because you both dated. But that's it. No mind games, no nothing. Don't overthink, there is absolutely nothing more to it.

I have to disagree with one thing. There is no way that if she wanted back in that she would simply say it. No way in hell. Not after the complete catastrophe she has caused. No way.

Please note though, I am not expecting a reconciliation at all at this point but it would be nice to know she is starting to squirm a little. Just some indication that she is effected would make me feel a little better.

Yea, that seems like a test to see if you would answer her. I think you have been broken up as long as I have. It will be 2 months for me on August 1st. She is probably wondering if you are dating, or what you are up to. HA HA. I love it.

I recently accidently called my ex. I meant to call my friend and I ended up accidentally calling him. The first three digits are very similar to his. I don't have their names on it with me because I don't have access to my phone and I took last called contacts off of google+. Turns out the calls were from 2013 and it was his. (-__-). I didn't realize till after he hung up.

It was nice hearing his voice, but at the same time I had to remember what he did to me...It stirred up feelings in me too.

As for mixing D and W, it is possible...on a keyboard..or if you're texting really quickly...I did it once when they're right next to each other when you press your messages icon. Sent the wrong text someone once..

But hey, it could be a breadcrumb..

There is NO WAY IN HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL you can text the wrong person unless you have made a mistake with the number while saving the contact. She was just testing the waters, leave her be, things are taking effect on her, see how this whole thing is playing out man?

Oh I have an iPhone and I have gone to reply to someone's text and it ended up going to the wrong person. This has happened more than once- so it does happen.

Anyhow- no matter whether it was a mistake or not, for your healing it is best to ignore ignore ignore!

As other posters pointed out, ex's like to think we are pining away for them while they move on with their lives. Don't fall into that trap- it will set your healing back!

I can't even count the number of times my ex has sent me a message presumably intended for someone else. There's no flippn' way you can screw that up on an iPhone unless you're dumb as a rock. Wait a minute... Now my situation totally makes sense! Lol.

Thanks, Jeff- I guess I'm as dumb as a rock, Lol...

But seriously- mistakes do happen.

The point is that he should ignore the texts either way.

Well, either way, I have no problem ignoring it. I am actually kind of preparing myself for the day when the phone actually rings and her name is on it. Need to stay focused and let it go to voice mail and not pick it up.

Whatever though. Moving forward. It was just nice to have that little flicker of a chance that she is starting to have reality set in.

Once again though, this little texting "mistake" means nothing to me. No urge to engage. Just kind of got me thinking a little, nothing more.

I don't want to burst your bubble of hope but it could have been a mistake. I am in the final stages of getting a new job and I had a medical test today as part of it. I went to text my mum to tell her about how crazy it was that I had to do a urine test etc for a office job and I typed in my exes name. I am just so used to texting him whenever I have news and it was completed sub conscious. Of course I realised my mistake and corrected the name before I sent it but it is possible.

If it is a cry for attention it is a very immature thing to do. Exes are crazy i think! Especially mine dumping me and then sending me holiday photos and saying how lonely he is and he hopes I am still his friend. I mean, what the? I don't think they even think about us, it is all about them and how they are feeling. Definitely ignore... Well done on not replying.

Archived