Got no energy to break up and let it go please show support

Dark angel

Dear All,

Please be very gentle with your comments as I'm extremely fragile since I got a story that I could not share it with anyone, please help without judging and being tough

So I met this guy 5 years ago via Facebook and we were friends for 3 years on the phone or emails I had a different boyfriend, he had a girlfriend so it was literally just a friendship,

Almost two years ago when we were both single we did realise we cared for each other then started to talk on the phone for hours day after day for 3 months. We were almost in love! It was an amazing connection from both sides! Due to stomach problems I gained 25 kilos before meeting him and I started to worry if he would like me so before we met I decided to go back to my healthy version lost 10 kilos went down to 74 kilos ( 1.62cm. Size 12-14 that time)

He is gorgeous blond blue eyes and very handsome I wanted to get healthy for him we saw each other first time and yes on the second day weight was an issue he is average built so I did look a bit bigger than him, that week together started to get worse after 5-6 days but we agreed to see how things would go,

We got along so well n felt so great together that I did not want to lose him over weight issues but as you know losing weight right takes time along the way he made me cry because of my looks I can't blame him as he did probably expected better looking girl.... This kept on for months and I wanted to show I was more than over weight girl so I stayed till I was healthy....

He even use to judge me saying ' I just saw some fit girls at the supermarket and wondered why I don't have a gf like that' if I left him than it would damage me deeply so I kept on loosing weight, lost another 10 kilos 64kg now ( size 8-10 now) but this criticism never ended. It's almost two years we are together and everyone finds me gorgeous now, I still got maybe more tuning but after losing 25 kilos thought things would get better. He still tells me I should lose bit more n tune my legs and all, after two years of relationship I supported him during loads of work trouble n health troubles of his! I believe n told by many people I'm an amazing gf! He never appreciates me yet tells that loves me but he is a bit lost....

I can't let go I expected to be happy with him after putting loads of efforts into losing weight and supporting him in his difficulties I feel like if this fails after all my hard work, what will work in life?

Can you help me to break up with him and let go???

I deserve someone who loves me just the way I'm.

I can't be in this race anymore.

No-one can help you break up with him. Only you can do that. It's actually really quite simple: He is treating you badly and with total disrespect because YOU allow him to.

If you don't like being treated with such disrespect, then you pack your bags and you walk out, never to look back. You have two choices: 1) stay with him and carry on being treated like garbage, OR 2) get some self-respect and show him the door.

The choice is entirely in your hands.

OMG dear,

I believe in giving everyone a second chance, but making you sooo uncomfortable about your looks after all you did to lose that much I would def just say him he can not appreciate you and should break up, and I would go into NC right away to heal yourself.

That's so mean to treat a woman like that, it gives her complexes and can stay with her the rest of her life ...

You deserve to be with someone who totally accepts you as you are and doesn't try to change you. Someone who truly loves would never try to change you and they certainly would not disrespect you like this "man" has.

Plenty of men out there who would love you just the way you are, go find them. Good luck!

Omg... I'm really sorry you're going through this. Anything you do, esp related to body image, should be for you. His job as someone who loves you should be to encourage and support you the best he can ESPECIALLY seeing as all the effort you are already putting in. I find his attitude towards you disgusting. So please don't feel guilty for wanting to break up with him - because you're obviously gorgeous and deserve someone who appreciates THAT, not compares you to "fit girls at the supermarket".

How you do it? Be honest about what he did and how he made you feel and then cut those ties. Wish you all the best!

Archived