Been missing me since the break-up...

Baudilaire

Anytime me and my ex talk, he always says that he misses me. He chose to break up the relationship so I don't understand why he's always telling me this. At the beginning I used to say it back but now I'm not in the same position to respond in the same way. I honestly do miss him because he was a cool person and we no longer have the same relationship.

I just don't understand the purpose behind him always telling me this. I actually thought that at some point he would stop saying it but he hasn't. I do feel like his reasoning for breaking up with me was because he had personal issues but it does mess with you. Why make such a decision when you know you were going to miss me so much. Maybe I already answered my own question but I'd like some opinions. Btw, our relationship was very short. He did however like me for years before so I can understand why he may still have some sort of attachment.

It doesn't make sense. He basically cut off his nose to spite his face, if you get what I mean

Sometimes break ups happen because one really doesn't want to be in the relationship anymore. These are easy break ups, at least for the one who decides to leave.

But sometimes people leave relationships while still loving the other person. Because sometimes the relationship was just ok but not really fulfilling and making the person truly happy. When that is the case, it is hard to leave and because there were also many good things in the relationship, it is normal it hurts for the dumper as well.

This could be the case for your ex. He is not necessairly trying to keep you around in case in future he wants you back (although this also could be the case). But maybe he really misses you although he knows this relationship had no future or was not the ideal one for him. And he is still longing for the time you spent together, and can't control himself and says such things to you.

It is not always simple.

Thank you for the responses.

I agree that if he wanted me he wouldn't need to miss me, he'd be with me. To touch on what Panther says, I did make him happy and he says that till this day. I think on one hand he wanted more from me emotionally and that he was going through some stuff.

To top that off, I had a dream he was with someone else. I believe that dreams are a mirror of our thoughts, not necessarily whats happening. In my opinion I may be concerned that he's going to be with someone else. The crazy thing is, I'm back with another ex. It's so complicated.

Archived