He said I annoy him. What do I do? Advice please.

Alexis1990

Ive been dating him for 2 years and recently we both moved back to out home town to finish school so it has been a long distant thing ( four hours away) . Everything was fine until we got into an argument and he sent me a long message saying I text him too much, I am text him about nothing, I need to chill out and take some medication, I am getting beyond annoying etc. He has been going through some rough times back home with school, working and financially. He needed some gas money the other day and I sent it to him not because I expected anything back but because I wanted him to know I was there for him whenever he needed me.. I text him little sweet messages every now and then like " You are doing great baby and all your hard work will pay off soon I am so proud of you" I say good morning and good night and remind him every day I love him. I don't even blow up his phone and I don't even call him.. If he doesn't text back I am not texting him back to back or anything at all because I know he is busy and I know he works a lot and is tired. This came out of the blue and hit me like a truck I had no idea he felt this way. I really thought I was doing the right thing as a girlfriend. What should I do?

In relationships, the best thing you can do is observe your partner's texting/calling style and mirror it. If he's not a big texter/caller, then don't do it either. And try to contact him a bit less than he contacts you, so that you don't annoy him.

It's true, for those who don't need to keep in touch with their partner too often, little messages like the ones you sent, albeit sweet and thoughtful, can become annoying, just like someone who is needy and has to be in touch with their partner every waking moment will be overjoyed to receive such messages.

Back off and let him come to you.

While I agree that you should back off, observe how he's communicating and mirror him, I suspect there is more to it. I would not be surprised if he met someone else or is not as interested in the relationship anymore and he's distancing himself from you.

He still tells me he loves me and how much he misses me this is why I was so blind sided by the comment he made. What you said did cross my mind when this first occurred and as much as I don't want to believe it I know I have to keep my eyes open. Thank you Ms Darcy

While I agree that you should back off, observe how he's communicating and mirror him, I suspect there is more to it. I would not be surprised if he met someone else or is not as interested in the relationship anymore and he's distancing himself from you.

I came here to post this as well.

It sucks to say and I'm sorry, but there might be something going on. If you guys have been together for 2 years and you just moved 4 hours away from each other, he should be missing you and wanting to talk to you all the time. I think maybe the distance is getting to him and he's losing interest, or maybe he's been talking to another girl.

There's really no good way to go about this. If you ask him, he will just deny it and get annoyed that you're "pestering" him (so to speak). I'm sorry, I don't want to make you worry, but I really think in situations like this (when you go from a regular relationship for 2 years, to a long distance relationship), his shouldn't be acting this way.

Quit sending the jerk money. His response was quite rude, and I suspect that he is losing interest in you and may be beaming in on someone new and doesn't want your text messages first thing in the morning and late at night lest she ask him who is texting him when they are together.

I'm sorry, but that kind of response from a BF is a really bad omen. It means you are way more into him than he is into you, and in fact he may already be pulling away and just hasn't dumped you yet.

The only time I would say that response from him might be appropriate would be if you are texting him constantly (i.e., multiple times during the day, early in the morning, late at night etc.), i.e., pestering him constantly with texts.

Okay I think you all missed the part where I said I don't send him multiple texts. The only time I did was when I asked him a question and he totally flipped out on me. I really think he has an anger problem and when he gets overwhelmed he completely lashes out which is not cool at all. I sent him 50 bucks one time for gas he has never asked me for money other than that time. He sent me a text after saying he loves me but thats just how he feels sometimes. I don't understand because he texts me first ( I don't text him because I don't know when he is sleep ) he works nights and has school in the morning and he always texts me in the morning and asks me what I am doing and then we text back and forth THIS is why I don't understand why he would feel the way he does other than he is mad and just lashing out and saying mean things. I don't know and I don't care anymore. I am not texting him first or even ASAP like I normally do. I think I made myself too available and he has gotten too comfortable and thinks he can't lose me because I am so wrapped up in him. Yes I love him but I love myself more. Cant do right then he is out of my life simple as that. definitely distancing myself from him and this whole situation I have a lot going on in my life as well. If he texts later and apologizes we will take it from there and if not SO LONG and he will be back but WE won't be back. Simple as that. Thank you all for your advice all of it helped me clear my head and think of a solution to my problem.

Thanks again y'all!

Archived