He texted me a couple of hours back wishing me for something personal but also adding that he was picking up his stuff from the house these days, that he found the cat/vet health docs and if i wanted he could leave them at the old houses mailbox so i could pick pick them up.

Then he added that we will speak in the coming days so he would take one of the cats to the doc.

I was so sure that he wouldn't communicate to wish me and it was so unexpected as i didn't wish him for his birthday.

I instantly got depressed when i read the text and couldn't communicate at all with my friend sitting next to me.

Honestly it would have been better if he didn't text....i was prepared for that.

And the feeling of how to react, should i or shouldn't i? Still confused.

Should i just say thanks and nothing else?

Nothing else as the cat part was a distraction to make it seem that its not just him simply wishing me. as doesn't make sense for me to have docs as he will be visiting vet).

Im afraid that not replying just a simple thanks makes me look angry, hung up on the situation and not over him yet.

Want to project to him that im above this situation, that he doesn't matter enough for me to even be mad and that am not a bitter ex girlfriend.

If i do reply i will not text back as ts really late but will just email.

What would you guys do?

He has the cats, but wants to give you the paperwork from the vet? That is strange.

This text from him seems like an attempt to get a response from you...

Is it really necessary that you thank him for the well wishes? Do you need that contact? Does he deserve a reply?

Don't allow him to pull on your heartstrings.

I was in a similar situation-- reply, don't reply.... what to do? At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. If you feel not responding sends more of a message than a simple response, and its going to bug you more to be silent then just say thanks. And move forward. Sometimes I feel by not responding, I am just prolonging the drama. Like I am doing it more about them. Because frankly, when I don't really care or I am indifferent, I just say thanks or on or take care or something.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

He has the cats, but wants to give you the paperwork from the vet? That is strange.

This text from him seems like an attempt to get a response from you...

I have the cats at this point but he is supposed to take them when he gets settled in a new place (not sure i want to give them but that's another story). Also he is the one who has to take the one cat for surgery at the end of the month to a specialized vet he knows.

Still strange as he is the one that will be needing the docs.

I don't think it the cat part was an attempt to get response from me but more of cover for not just wishing me, adding something like loose ends that have to be finalized. But still strange as it doesn't make sense...

Sent an email with just a thanks in the subject line.

Dont want to seem like the bitter ex girlfriend that cant let go and that is holding a grudge.

And as Lambert said i do not want to be prolonging the drama.

Hugs to everyone and thanks for the advise.

Archived