So we're friends now? -College

nesw

I've really connected with this girl over the beginning of this semester. I asked her out, and we went on a couple outings together. I confessed my feelings for her, she feels the same but- her family's best interest is her to focus on her grades and not get into a relationship-she said she really respects her family's opinion. So cutting it short, she told me over lunch two weeks later that we're friends.

I told her later on, "I can't be friends with someone I have feelings for, hope you understand."

OUCH. - Now I think about that, wasn't the nicest thing to say...

Felt like the right thing to say at the time, and her and her friends started ignoring me as if I did not even exist. I asked a female friend for 'advice' and she said it seems that I hurt her feelings by saying what I said. I took the 'friend' thing- which I've heard many girls use that- as if she was not interested anymore, yet she is but just to circumstances beyond our control can't be in a relationship at the moment. She values me and wants to keep me around, and I felt bad for not seeing it that way and totally taking it another way. So I sent her a well-crafted heartfelt apology- saying how I acted irrationally in saying something like that, willing to put feelings aside for friendship, better to have her as a friend than not at all- on Facebook-deleted her number so no other way to contact her- she saw the message but did not reply.

I saw one of her friends and she smiled at me as we passed one another so I'm thinking things are good now.

Should I wait for her to come to me?- We cross paths on campus seldom...

Seeing other girls and she gets jealous?- Told that'd be to my benefit wanting to be in a relationship with her, she'd want me more. But I'm not seeing other girls for the sole purpose of making her jealous, that's just wrong.

Thanks, and anymore advice would be nice. Gaining experience and a good deal of confidence from this experience if anything.

Archived