Feeling sad, just want boyfriend back

KBall33

my boyfriend wanted to take a break and I still am upset about it and keep thinking about it. The way he left it made it seem like we were going to get back together but Im not sure. Since then we still have stayed in contact and the past two weekends ive asked him to hang out but one weekend he was busy and then next weekend he was sick. I just really want to fix things and am feeling pathetic that i still am going after him. The next two weekends i will be away so i wont be contacting him then...but id like some advice on ways to get back together and to not be so sad and let it affect me so much.

There's no way not to feel sad or unaffected..... it would be nice if there were, then being on "a break" wouldn't have the significance that sadly it really DOES have.

A break is a coward's way to break up.

For yourself -- for your sanity, for your sense of dignity -- treat this as a breakup. Let him know the waiting game is over and cut off contact. IF he changes his mind, he'll do the work to get you back.... but I wouldn't hold my breath. Someone who's willing to risk losing you by putting you on break status isn't someone who's that invested in working things out.

Here's a guide that will help you: link removed

Keep posting! There's lots of good advice here.

You contacting him when he asked for a break is really not helping your cause one bit. You are not giving him the break. Second, it's called a break because things are broken. I think you need to start looking at it from that perspective. Go on your trip, don't contact him, enjoy the trip and take a mental break from all of this. Once you come back, don't contact him immediately, but see how you feel and if you are maybe gaining some new perspective of your own besides just that you want him back. Maybe start recognizing what all lead to that break and whether fixing anything is even desirable. However, keep in mind that it takes two. You can't just be the one who tries, he has to want to too.

Sharky is right - you don't take a break when you are invested in making the relationship work. Usually it's just a coward's way out. Even if his request is genuine, then given him what he wants - time without you to reflect on whether he misses you or not. When you don't give him that time, there is no way for that process to happen.

Archived