A month after silence.

whatiwant

So I dated this guy for 6 months and we broke up because I told him that I wasn't sure if I could get serious with him. I didn't tell him the reason, at the time I thought my ex was still the one.

Shortly after, I realize I should've stayed in the relationship with him because we were happy and I asked him if he wants to be my boyfriend. He said we have to start all over, but that was only week after the breakup.

Off and on, we texted each other, and he said he wanted to see me again so we went out for lunch a few times. I thought we were fine, then he just stopped texting me all of a sudden, we were gonna do something together and it never happened. I was so upset so I stopped too.

It's been more than a month and I know I shouldn't give a about it but I can't stop thinking about him both the good and bad. But I mostly more upset than anything. Because before we first broke up, I gave him a heads up and I expect the same in return. He lead me on by saying he wants to see me again then he cut me off! I seriously have thought this through many times and try to get over it but I can't!

I was also going through some personal stuffs so that makes this breakup extra hard.

But now I just want to text him and give him a piece of my mind! I know it seems immature and clingy but I shouldn't have to take this negative feeling all by myself. He's was part it and he caused it.

I think I will feel better after I curse him out, but its probably a bad idea. *sigh* should I text him or no?

But I asked him to come back like a 1-2 weeks after. And he said start over. I thought he did cared about me a lot but now I think that he moved on so easily. That really hurt me. I was so considered of his feeling. And actually he did the breakup because I was asking him how about we stop seeing each other, and he kept re-ensuring do you still like me, and I said yes, but... then finally one time, he was upset and he hung up on me.

I can only go off of what I would do in you BF position. If it were me, I would feel that I could no longer trust you. As in, what happens the next time you get some doubts about the relationship? He may have honestly wanted to give it another try but my guess is once you broke it off you broke the relationship for good. It was a mistake that you clearly regret but some things just cannot be undone.

As someone who's (strangely) been on both ends of this situation, I'll try to help.

My ex girlfriend from 3 years ago broke up with me a few times in the same manner you mention. I won't dare compare you to her though because in many ways, you were considerate of his feelings and I'm not saying that what he did was fair, right or even justified. I can tell you though, that every time my ex "broke up" with me only to tell me she missed me a few weeks later, I would seriously just scratch my head and not even nessecarily at her but more at myself. It made things very complicated in the sense that I'd start overthinking everything I did, thinking it would trigger another break up.

Now, here's where I feel for you.

This same ex, after a few rocky break-ups (but a lot of good times, we did stay together for 2+ years when it was all said and done) just left me out in the cold. She completely cut me off and did essentially what your (ex?) is doing to you. I'm so sorry this is happening but I'll tell you from experience. Cursing him out or even getting angry at him won't help you feel better. You may feel this rush shortly after doing so and that rush may even last a little while but at some point you'll probably feel guilty, upset and wonder why you did it. You may even go so far (as I did) as going back to apologize, only making the wound worse. Ultimately, it's your choice but I'd recommend, at the very least giving him space and moving on yourself.

I'm really sorry for what's happened

I would contact him, but not to be angry or tell him off.

I'd wait until you cool off, then reach out to express your concern and find out how he's feeling about dating you again. Let him know you hope things could still work out between you.

I don't think *telling him off* would make you feel better. I think getting back together would make you feel better. If this isn't what he wants, at least you can try to get an answer and take steps to heal and move on.

Honestly, he has every right to be hurt and angry at you for dumping him. If he was posting here, most people would be telling him not to trust you and to proceed with extreme caution. Have your feelings for your ex just magically vanished? Can you really be sure this isn't just a case of wanting what you can't have?

Thank you for sharing your person experience. I seriously didn't know guys would think so much, I thought only girls do that.

I tried to run the different scenario in my head, was he super upset or he moved on quickly. Is he gonna feel bad for himself or sorry for me? Maybe I should have react sooner and not until this long. Secretly I was hoping that he would come back and start a conversation but I can't get over the fact that he's like trying to get back at me. And I was breaking up for the benefit of both of us. Maybe I spent too much time to think about someone who moved on already, and it's not worth it.

I appreciate the different view points here. Listening from a guy's perspective helps me to calm down.

And breaking up with him was really hard that why I talked to him about it was hoping that we could talked it out and I guess he was frustrated so he was the one who broke up with me at first.

Archived