How do youe put a positive spin on things on college transcripts

I work at an early learning center and we are getting renewed for accreditation. I worked my way from assistant to lead teacher in my room. My boss needs my college transcripts since my degree is not in education to give accreditation some reason that I should be the lead teacher. I started off in college with education as my major. I took some education courses and failed one of them. I switched my major. I did not know what I wanted to do with my life career-wise. I was put on academic warning twice. I learn things better hands-on than in a classroom, always have. How do I put a positive spin on this? I'm nervous since I could lose this position. I asked if I would have to get some sort of certification and they said we would cross that bridge if we had to. I can't lose my job and insurance. Thanks for reading and responding.
    "Learn the rules completely so you can break them correctly"
    ---Dalai Lama

"Whether we're a preschooler or a young teen, a graduating college senior or a retired person, we human beings all want to know that we're acceptable, that our being alive somehow makes a difference in the lives of others."
    — Fred Rogers (The World According to Mister Rogers)

I'm not sure how to put a positive spin on a non-passing grade, but I would be upfront and when you hand over your transcript explain that you learned a lot more outside of the classroom than in and that you believe your job performance reflects well on how you deal with and relate to kids in the classroom. Are you required to be certified or have a degree in education? Depending on what the accreditation requirements are, it might be less serious than you think.
    Good luck.
    "It'll all be okay in the end....so if it's not okay, it's not the end." -Unknown

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt

I know I have a few Psychology courses that might help. I think they are willing to work with me. I'm just a worst case scenario type of person. I'm just nervous since I've finally found something I like and I might lose it.
    ---Dalai Lama

"Whether we're a preschooler or a young teen, a graduating college senior or a retired person, we human beings all want to know that we're acceptable, that our being alive somehow makes a difference in the lives of others."

That's why you should be upfront when you turn over your transcripts. Ask if the boss has a minute to speak with you and explain what you just said here. Say that you'd be happy to have him/her come observe your classroom or perform any other kind of evaluation that might speak more accurately about you as a teacher than your transcripts.
    That would show maturity, confidence and integrity.
    "It'll all be okay in the end....so if it's not okay, it's not the end." -Unknown

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Hmmmm, you could say that you plan on going back to get a complete degree in education because your experience as the lead teacher has shown you that this is your passion. You can also discuss how these experiences have allowed you to connect well with students who are struggling to find their path. Real life stories are great for this kind of thing.
    "Recognizing somebody else's power does not diminish your own." -Joss Whedon
    "Saying that you're a nice guy is like a restaurant whose only selling point is that the food doesn't make you sick [...]"- http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-harsh-truths-that-will-make-you-better-person/#ixzz2mOdY2dPO

Well, I actually was planning on going back to school to take courses in Child Development. I just want to make sure the courses at the community college would transfer out of state since I am originally from out of state.
    ---Dalai Lama

Gold Member
    What was your final GPA?

I think you should just give it to them and stop thinking about it.

Either that or tell you boss you had a bad patch and you think your transcript might give the wrong impression and possibly hurt more than it helps and ask if there are any alternatives to establish your suitability.
    If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontiger View Post
    Hmmmm, you could say that you plan on going back to get a complete degree in education because your experience as the lead teacher has shown you that this is your passion. You can also discuss how these experiences have allowed you to connect well with students who are struggling to find their path. Real life stories are great for this kind of thing.
    This is the best explanation to use if you plan to pursue a job in the teaching field.
    No relationship is ever a waste of time. If it didn't bring you what you want, it taught you what you DON'T want.

Give but do not allow yourself to be used. Love but do not allow your heart to be abused. Trust but don't be naive. Listen to others, but don't lose your own voice.

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Flirting at workplace can indeed help women to get ahead and build their way to success. However, their colleagues will not like it at all, saying ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...