The Tinder Thread - Any Tinder Success or Horror stories?

BigKK

Hi everyone,

So I signed up for the app mostly as a joke during my friend's party. We would all be watching and swiping and discussing why Yes or Why no, and checking out the conversations.

Long story short, I actually hit it off with one of the girls and have a date this weekend for coffee. I'm a little bit weary but for some reason it makes me feel better that she has yet to meet anyone off there too. (allegedly) She's a yoga teacher and has a lot of similar interests and sounds like we'd get along...

Anyway I've seen a few members stories but figured let's see if there are anymore. 95% of the interactions are BS and go no where, but there is obviously SOME "cool" people on there with no expectations (like myself) but also just seeing what the deal is.

I've never gone on an online date from a site or an app, so this is new territory for me. Although I have met several people from the internet through sites like couch surfing, and a few hobby forums. So I know about how sometimes people portray themselves differently and how they are in real life. I also think this is a little bit different since all of my other meetups the premise was never "we both found each other attractive, and interesting enough to meet up"

So "Tinder" is a dating app? There are too many new things out these days that I can't keep track of them all.

I found out about it last week from this forum.

It takes your facebook profile, your location, your dating age parameters, and presents a photo. If you like the person, and they like you, it opens up a conversation between the both of you.

Some say it's just a hook up app, others say it's a dating app...the verdict is still out.

Let us know how your coffee date goes?!

I have limited knowledge of it. Have seen a few (younger than me: 18-25 ish year ranges) using this app. And when they were showing me - seemed like they were using it almost like a "hot or not" game. Seemed very detached to me...but I guess that could be said about a lot of things (including my beloved forum!).

So it would be really interesting to hear how the usage actually translates for someone. And someone a little more mature too, actually looking for a date (are you?).

What happened on your date from hell, MCJD4ever?? And why never again??

Most are detached, I opened with an absurd joke, she responded positively and I got her phone number. Then before scheduling a date, we ended up texting a lot back and forth to see if we have anything in common.

Turns out we have a lot of interests, and it was a very light and fun back and forth. Ending with figuring out free times and setting up the date.

She moved here not too long...As for what I'm expecting, I wouldn't mind dating or even there is not enough attraction maybe a friend...who knows, I'm open.

And yeah MCJD, what constitutes a date from hell, you have me worried! Did you guys chat before or was it mostly hi, phone number, and date?

Maybe it was the way in which I used the app. It was pretty much like "Hi, here's my number, let's set up a date." So that's at least partially on me for not doing my due diligence.

The date was horrible. We had nothing in common, our personalities just did NOT mesh, and she had a laugh like "the Nanny." That could have been ascertained beforehand if I called in advance, but I was too lazy. I dunno, it was one experience, but the whole thing just turned me off to Tinder. I also didn't like how a lot of convos go nowhere, and it's based almost entirely on looks (which are important, but just a piece of the overall package).

i've never used tinder so don't know much about it. my advice is just to go, keep expectations low, and have a quick meet (like coffee or 1 drink). if the date is awful, you can leave after the coffee. if the date is going well, you can stretch it out and go somewhere else, like walk, or dinner.

good luck!! hope it goes well!

I got this app as a joke. Most of the guys I was just goofing around with...saying ridiculous things to see how they responded. However - last week I actually met up with a guy from Tinder, since we actually had good conversation. He was super attractive, we had a great time, and went out again two days later. We're going out again tomorrow and talk daily. So - who knows!? Why don't you be open minded and give it at try!

Hi there! Ask me any questions you'd like cause I have gone out on 3 tinder dates (and set-up 5-6) and now am dating the last one I went out with. We began with a coffee date, too! I thought about blogging about all of it, it's quite fun the different people/experiences I've met and had! I'm a 22 year old female grad student (if that means anything to you).

My first date ever fell through (he initiated everything, he was new in town, etc) but the day of he cancelled on me and later deleted his Tinder. I think he got cold feet about meeting someone off of an app lol.

The second date was with a fellow first year grad like me, he was very attractive, but seemed unhappy here. Anyways, the date was "okay" not bad, not good, said he'd text me that weekend and then never did "shrug"

I set up another date with a guy from my hometown who seemed nice (he added me on fb) but I wasn't really interested in a long distance rel. so I never followed through with the date. I think I cancelled on another guy too who came into town. I also still text another guy randomly from time to time and he texts me (but we never met lol!).

The third was a bad experience. The guy clearly just wanted to hook up, I was highly uncomfortable to say the least.

The last guy I met for coffee and he was a great guy. We really hit it off and showed each other our grad labs after coffee. From there he took me apple-picking, to a few dinner/lunch dates, a hockey game, etc. He asked to be bf/gf and I said I wanted to take it slow but I do like him.

There you have my experiences.. I think it's a great app! (at least from a college girl's perspective).

Hey! So I went on the date last night.

It was supposed to be at 5, she got a flat and we moved it back to 8:45. Changed from coffee to Sangria instead.

Well I expected it to be whatever... But she is a really cool girl, we got along great. What I thought would be 30 minutes turned into 3 hours. The time flew by and there was never a quiet, dull or awkward moment.

She's attractive and cute. I didn't really get a chance to really "press the attraction." But my friends said it's okay since it's a first date. I noticed a lot of good body language though and caught her checking me out when I sat closer to her later, I saw her checking me out and perhaps get a little flustered in a good way.

We didn't discuss any concrete plans for the next date.

I tried to pay for drinks but she insisted to split so I obliges. But a few ideas were thrown around. I told her I'd walk her to her car and she said no it's okay, I kept walking anyway and she was happy I did. Didn't kiss at the end but got a big long hug. Texted after if she got home okay and she said she did and had a great time.

Didn't text at all today but then again my phone was dead and I was outdoors all day.

Question: I was thinking of shooting for a Wednesday or Tuesday date. I'm not sure what to do for a second date, I was thinking maybe something similar (like a dinner) or perhaps something more active or fun?

I'm not much of a dater so it was a good date especially based on it being from a phone app.

All advice is welcome since I could use it!

Hi

Tried it for one month. Said yes to 99 percent of the matches, boys, girls, trannies, fakes but not a single match so I removed it. Conflicting reports say you need at least 50 Facebook friends for it to work, yet that could be it cause I only have about 30. Then again, I have never had luck with ladies so no surprise there.

Archived