Ectopic pregnancy, no support.

justagirl123

So I'm still quite new to this forum, I signed up a few weeks ago to get some advice on an that I fell for.

As per usual, everyone who responded was right. He was an in disguise at best. Well, I've broken things off from a romantic point of view. He's wanted to keep in touch via text/email (he's in the navy and travelling again) but I've been pretty hesitant. I have really strong feelings for him and I don't want to play this game anymore.

The last few weeks I've been worried that I was pregnant. I felt horrible, missed a period, sore breasts, nausea, the whole nine yards. But this was accompanied by spotting, a lot of pain on my right side, and excessive vomiting. It;s only been getting worse, so after having a positive pregnancy test I went to the doctor. After an ultrasound that showed nothing in my uterus it was discoverd that my pregnancy is ectopic. (Meaning the fertilized egg stayed in my fallopian tube rather than travelling to my uterus which can be very dangerous.) and I am being treated with methotrexate (an injection that will hopefully terminate the pregnancy before surgical intervention is required).

This isn't a pregnancy I would have been thrilled about anyway, given the circumstaces, so I don't think my grief and anxiety are related to the loss of the baby. Unless they are, on a subconcious level and I don't realize how much this is upsetting me? I'm almost 25, so I know my body wants to make a baby.

What I feel instead is rage. Rage towards him, towards myself, towards the entire situation. How can he get off so easy? He already hurt me, ditched me, stood me up numerous times, made me feel horrible, and made it clear that he doesn't share the same feelings I do. How does he get to just go off in a tin can for months when I deal with this alone?? I'm feeling lost, hopeless, and an overwhelming desire to self destruct. Help me please.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It is perfectly understandable that you would feel as you do about this situation. It does suck when someone you once cared for treats you poorly, then gets to continue with his life while you have to do this.

Regarding the methotrexate, make sure you ask your doctor before drinking soda, orange juice or anything else acidic while taking the medication. Acidic drinks can inhibit excretion of the drug, causing it to build to toxic levels.

I'm sorry you're going through this. I think your emotions are completely understandable. I think if it was me, I'd even feel angry at my own body for doing this to me, or something like that. There would also be grief over the lost pregnancy to some degree, I bet, even if I did not want to be pregnant in the first place.

Are there any ways you can vent your rage and grief that don't involve hurting yourself emotionally or physically? You've got to get those emotions out, don't let them stay inside and eat you up.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I can relate to what you are going through 100%. My boyfriend was thrilled when I told him I was pregnant, but he soon got himself arrested and is looking at going to prison. Since then he has been selfish, cut me off and caused me so much pain. I decided to have an abortion because he is causing me so much stress.Like yourself I am so angry with him.why do men like them get to just leave you to pick up the pieces and walk away when you need them the most.

Some people on here have adviced me to talk to a professional, so I am going to say the same for you because its unhealthy for us to just bottle things up and deal with this on our own. I hope things work out for you. Try taking one day at a time.

Thank you very much.

I've been seeing a therapist, but I'm still SO angry. He's been sailing the entire time this has been happening.

He's coming back in a few weeks and wants to get together. The worst part is that I stilll can't stop thinking about him, but I know seeing him when he comes home will only make things much worse. He knows everything that happened, and has sent emails "checking up" on me.. But he knows how badly he hurt me and really doesn't seem too distraught about it. The words he keeps using are.. "This has weighed on me..." As if he expects me to feel bad for him.

Lesson learned: Sometimes your knight in shining armour is just a retard in tin foil.

Archived