Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Platinum Member

Why are some men/boys so sleazy?

A few things happened yesterday that really grossed me out and made me wonder... What causes some guys to be so dang sleazy?

I was walking my puppy and an older man, about 60 or so, yelled out "what kind of puppy is that?" I walked up to him figuring he was just a friendly old man who was a fan of pit bulls. We talked for a few minutes about my puppy and I was happy, thinking aw what a sweet old guy. And then he said "well next time I see you I'm gonna holler at you, you look good in those jeans girl." BARF ! Really?! This guy was older than my dad! And I didn't even hAve makeup on, an I've been told I can pass for 15/16 when I don't have any on! Ugh.

and then some guy who I don't even know messaged me on Facebook, I looked at his profile and he has a girlfriend. Really. Like I'm losing hope in men. It's so just, gross.

What causes these guys to be like this? Genetics, environment, past relationships?
    Everything we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.

Being immodest is like rolling around in manure. You'll get attention, but mostly from pigs.

Platinum Member
    They do it because they're chumming the waters to see who will bite.

Because they can be.

Just like some women can be (w)itches.

Inappropriate/rude behavior knows no boundaries.....including gender.
    "And all I can think is that it must be a kind of rebellion
    to arm your fears like soldiers and to slay them...." -The Airborne Toxic Event

"All you need to understand is everything you know is wrong." - Weird Al Yankovic

Platinum Member Cognitive_Canine's Avatar
    Because they've been allowed to do so with little to no retaliation.

Young women are often taught to be nice even when people are unbelievably creepy to them. So these men are at worst met with uncomfortable laughter or women freezing up when they do these things. Without self induced shame, these guys have no consequences when it comes to slathering their sexuality on people like a thick paste.
    If you like Dota, PM me for my steamID

People are my religion and I believe in them.
    I have faith in my fellow man and I only hope that he has faith in me
    - Andrew Jackson Jihad

Though my soul may set in darkness, it shall rise is perfect light
    For I know the stars too fondly to be frightened of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Cognitive_Canine View Post
    Because they've been allowed to do so with little to no retaliation.

Young women are often taught to be nice even when people are unbelievably creepy to them. So these men are at worst met with uncomfortable laughter or women freezing up when they do these things. Without self induced shame, these guys have no consequences when it comes to slathering their sexuality on people like a thick paste.
    That is so true.

I'm sorry but they do it because not only has it been allowed way too much, even encouraged in a lot of cases and rewarded, it is still generally socially acceptable.

One look at the rape and sexual abuse statistics shows that this has not been put in its place well enough even once in human history. Sliminess has been given way too much many accomplices and wave offs.

Other than women being drilled to be 'nice' and be passive, there is also the fact that the rest of the advice tends to be 'ignore it'.

If a guy got dropped every time he did this, he'd learn a lot faster.
    Every moment is a choice.

Red pants make you play faster.

"if you are looking for substance, you have to be of substance yourself. " - happybear

Platinum Member
    My ex gf was secretly married and using her husband for money, and using me for sex and passion. I had a stripper who was pregnant telling me she wanted a threesome with me and another stripper. I went to a club and got my butt and penis grabbed constantly, from two different groups of women. I was on a date and the girl randomly told me, "can i suck your ***". I had a girl get me drunk so she can sleep with me... in the middle of a living room... in a house that didnt belong to us.

Its called humanity...

Males just feel like they can get away with it more because its less socially unacceptable than when a female does it, so.. they speak with less censorship.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    If he does it again blow a big loud whistle. He will scuttle away.
    ADHD= Attention Dialed into a Higher Dimension. For my son .

If you judge people you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa

Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me and I will give you rest

As for Me and My House We Will Serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Life only goes around once but never again~~Fred Stobaugh

Silver Member
    Most men don't empathize with women plain and simple. Since these are issues that are typically unique to women, we don't know much about them therefor they don't exist. I was woefully ignorant until I began dating my girlfriend and saw the disgusting things people would say to her on a daily basis. It made me start to see things for what they really are.

Shes2smart was right, there is no consequence for this behavior for the most part. And since attractive women are sexual objects whose sole purpose is gratifying men there is no moral imperative for many men to not act this way.

There are gross people of either gender. It's not just males. Many women also lack class and boundaries.

The best thing to do is to block and ignore. Ignore, ignore, ignore. I know it sounds bad but if I had a daughter, I'd tell her to ignore pervy men, do not address and try to shame because you don't know if they can overpower you. You don't want to get raped. I have been threatened only once physically with rape by an older boy when I was a girl and I just got the f__ out of there and he was not able to catch me.

Trying to fight gets you assaulted. Trying to shame or explain is a waste of time. These animals are hopeless and the best you can is wait until they are locked up for raping someone else, and then they can be assaulted in prison.
    I apologize in advance for any typos.

"Every road leads to your door, every step I take forever more..."

Platinum Member
    Because they don't care anymore - and once they hit that point, it's hard to bring them back.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...