Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Member

Want to lose weight, but keep my big butt! Help!

So I have developed a bit of a belly and I want to lose it. I also want to strengthen my arms and legs. But, I'm worried ill lose my butt in the process!

It's my one of my fav. things about my body, tips and advice to prevent this would be much appreciated!

squats. If you have pinterest, look up squats and there are tons of variations of squats you can do with and without weights. I do HIIT [high intensity interval training] with running/walking for my cardio. My thigh muscles are ridiculous. I do squats and lunges to make my butt bigger/toned. Kettle bell workouts are also extremely good for strengthening your entire body..arms, back, legs, butt. I get a ton of my workouts off pinterest though.

Try Yoga. Helps with Core and strength.
    The Roots of Violence:

Wealth without work,
    Pleasure without conscience.
    Knowledge without character.
    Commerce without morality.
    Science without humanity.
    Worship without sacrifice.
    Politics without principles.

-Mahatma Gandhi

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangletsbang View Post
    squats. If you have pinterest, look up squats and there are tons of variations of squats you can do with and without weights. I do HIIT [high intensity interval training] with running/walking for my cardio. My thigh muscles are ridiculous. I do squats and lunges to make my butt bigger/toned. Kettle bell workouts are also extremely good for strengthening your entire body..arms, back, legs, butt. I get a ton of my workouts off pinterest though.
    Just made a Pinterest a week or so ago! I will be sure to look those up.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happyfrank View Post
    Try Yoga. Helps with Core and strength.
    I've always wanted to try yoga, it seems so... therapeutic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bah2013 View Post
    I've always wanted to try yoga, it seems so... therapeutic.
    It is but great work out.
    The Roots of Violence:

Wealth without work,
    Pleasure without conscience.
    Knowledge without character.
    Commerce without morality.
    Science without humanity.
    Worship without sacrifice.
    Politics without principles.

-Mahatma Gandhi

You can't spot reduce. Your body will burn fat off belly, butt, hips, thighs, etc if you start exercising and dieting. How much of your butt is fat and how much is muscle? There lies the answer. If most of its volume is due to fat, you'll lose it by dieting. Cycling is a great butt exercise, but it doesn't make it any bigger IMO, just perkier.

I second the yoga. I lost a ton of weight a few years ago and still have a nice rear (men say so lol). It shrunk some, but yoga does a lot to strengthen those muscles so its firmer and has an even nicer shape.
    When Heinz ketchup leaves the bottle, it travels at a rate of 25 miles per year.

yoga is one of the best things you can do for your body, and mind

While it's true you can't "spot reduce". In my experience with weight loss, if you had the butt before the belly, the butt will be the last to go. And yes......squats will keep the beautiful butt lifted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...