Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

He texted me all day yesterday but not at all today?

I met this guy a couple days ago. He got my number and texted me immediately. We talked all night that night, but I fell asleep and answered his last text in the morning. Then we talked the entire day and evening yesterday. He would answer really quick, write long answers and ask me questions, put smileys...

But he was the one to end the texting last night and ended it saying he had to go work on his project and "ttyl "

He has not texted me at all today... should I just wait for him to text first since he was the one who ended it the first time? I don't want to be annoying...

I'm 21 and he is 23 btw

This happened to me too and the guy said he was teting me to see if would miss him and care about it. That might not be your case but if he's always the one to start the conversation maybe he wants you to take the first step.. And if he rly likes you he's not gonna think you're annoying for wanting to talk. Just ask if he's busy first...
    I've been through this a lot :S

Relax. It's only been one day. He probably doesn't want to be the one initiating all the time or he could be busy with his project. I would leave it for the rest of the day and text him tomorrow.
    We are all alone, born alone, die alone and we shall all one day look back on our lives and see that, in spite of company, we were alone the whole way. This is why self-respect is so important and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.

Sometimes that happens - you go hot and heavy the first day or two, and then the novelty wears off. On the other hand, maybe he's busy!
    Happiness is a choice. Choose well.

Bronze Member
    I'd venture to say he figures he started all the conversations now it's time to see if you are interested. It should be give and take, if I was busy I'd write you back and let you know. But I'd definitely would see if you'd actually text me at all.

Why don't you ask to meet up with him and talk face to face with him. It's an awesome way to get to actually know someone when their not hiding behind a screen. Try it... see what he says.

I guess I'm just being a typical girl but I always feel like at least the first couple times I want the guy to text me first. I guess I just like to be pursued at least in the very beginning and then it should be a balance of give and take. I just don't want to come off desperate or anything! Maybe he feels the same way haha...or maybe he's just not into me.

Do you think I should give it another day?

It sounds like he got busy and had to go to work or something. I wouldn't worry about it and just wait for him to text you or text him yourself but if he is busy you may be dissapointed if he does not respond and wonder where he is at and drive yourself bonkers wondering where he is. Just wait.

Well my problem solved itself because he ended up texting me today!

However...we have texted all night but he still hasn't suggested hanging out or anything. I know this is only the third time we have really talked but I would've thought he might have suggested it at this point?

It's still early days. Did you met him on a dating site or in the flesh?

I would keep the chit chat going though, maybe you could ask him out if you cannot wait any longer? If you don't want to ask him, then I'd wait a week at most before cutting the chats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...