My boyfriend wants me to pay for him. Advice?

Sparky66

Yesterday, my boyfriend asked me to pay for his food (chicken from Chicken Holiday and pizza (2 slices) from Phil's Pizza Place) for when he comes from where he lives to come see me this Saturday. He told me to bring about $25. I said I wasn't sure if I'd have enough $ for when I see him this Saturday. Honestly I didn't wanna pay for him. I feel like he's mooching off of me.

You see, I'm saving up $ for a few things that I want. I have one jar of $ for when I get tattoos, another jar of $ for when I get my own apartment in New York City, and another jar of $ to buy my own long board. When I told him, he just said just forget about the long board $ so I'll be able to pay for his food.

Last time (I think about two weeks ago) we were supposed to meet and he ditched me because his friend (male or female I dunno) was coming to see him from I forget where. It involves a plane I know that much. Anyway, he said that another reason he had to ditch was because he wanted to save his $ to be able to pay for us.

Let me get this out in the open; I don't like to be spoiled. Never have. I pay for my own things and he pays for his own things. I want to be an independent woman. I don't want things handed to me. He said he wanted enough to pay for me next time we meet up, too. Which is this Saturday. I told him not to be he insisted. After God knows how long I finally caved in and agreed. His $, his choice right? Next time I just won't let him.

But now when I asked him what happened to saving his $ to pay, he laughed and threw it in my face that I really did want to be spoiled. I explained to him that that was not the case and that what I really meant was "I thought you weren't gonna be broke because you said you'd have $ to pay for yourself."

He said 'no' he didn't. Only a $20 to hitch a train and see me.

This has happened more than once. Where I'd spare him a few bills for pizza, or a video games, or ice cream.

I'm not poor or rich, I'm middle class. I have a budget. I can't keep on paying for him, ya know?

What do I do? If I tell him flat out "no", then he'll get really *****y(pardon my French)and blow up on me.

Is there any nice way of telling him that I can't(and honeslty do not want to all the time)pay for him because I can barely afford things myself with my minimum wadge job and allowence from my parents?

I would probably talk to him about your visits and say that you can only see each other as long as you both have the money to do so. You don't want him paying for you or you paying for him because it causes hard feelings.

If some guy told my 15 year old to give up her longboard money to buy him food, I'd tell her to dump him. She could do better, and so can you! Good luck.

Archived