Should I unblock my ex off Facebook?

I blocked her after the relationship was over and the reason why I did it was because I could not stand at looking at her pictures and I would always be on her profile. By blocking her I let her know that I am still all hung over on her and that I am weak. Also that I am being immature. Also only women do that, guys don't hate. If I didn't want to look at her stuff all I have to do is not go on her profile, I think knowing that you can go on her profile and choosing not too is what truly helps you move on. I am still not over her but at the same time seeing pictures of her doesn't hurt me. I truly do love her, and If I truly do so I have to show that to her by not being immature and being her facebook friend regardless of the fact that she left me for someone else. I just don't want to friend her then unfriend her again because that would seem immature. What do you guys think?

Who cares what she thinks? Blocking her is to help YOU, because YOU are what matters.

For me, I felt weird blocking my ex so I unblocked him, but he blocked me right back. To me that said that he was moving on and had no interest in seeing my profile. I didn't see it as him being hung up over me at all.

Blocking forces you to give yourself a break. Don't be so hard on yourself. Stop saying "Women do this, guys do that." PEOPLE do hate, PEOPLE get hurt. If you don't feel ready to unblock her then don't.

Well let me tell you. I blocked my ex on Facebook too because I was snooping around on his page daily and it really messed me up.

I thought I would block him for a month or so but guess what? He is blocked FOREVER. Mostly because I don't care enough to actually go and un-block him, haha!

are you sure you are not trying to justify yourself unblocking her because you really wanna see whats she's up to???

to me blocking someone shows them that you don't care to know anything about them anymore. it usually sends a message to the other person that you are ready to accept the break up and move on. now you may NOT actually feel that way... but thats what it shows. keep her unblocked.

Most people realize you have to block on Facebook as part of the process. If it's creating drama, I don't see anything wrong with sending a quick note, something like "I need to move on with my life, and I can't do that without blocking you; best of luck in your life ahead." In the long run, something like that rarely causes problems, and more often than not, shuts them up for good. Some might say it's a matter of pride to not send that last little note, but I feel that it's up to you if you want to let it affect you that way.

I don't see it that way at all...In my opinion, not only is it helping you, but it also doesn't allow her to see what is going on in YOUR life...She doesn't deserve that anymore...On the other hand, if you aren't comfortable blocking her, then simply unsubscribe from her...It will hide any of her posts, so that you don't have any surprises when you look at your news feed...That's what I did with my ex's.

Archived