Ex is texting me months later after no contact apologizing

My ex and I dated about 10 months. The first 6 months he lived in town, the last 4 he relocated for a job, and I was to follow later. He broke up with me in June while he was going through a stressful time, and we didn't talk for almost 5 months.

2 weeks ago he was on vacation and in town. He text me a one letter text and I replied what? He said sorry I didn't mean to send that, I guess I still think of you. He came out that night to see me. We did not have sex, just talked and hung out.

Last week he text me and said if you hate me I understand, but I just want to let you know I still care and you still matter. Today he text me again and said sorry about everything, you matter and are important to me. I know that means nothing, but I am embarrassed. I asked why he was embarrassed and he said, because I didn't care for you the way I should have.

Why months later is he apologizing? He's in his 30's, this just all came as a shock to me to suddenly hear from him again.

Thanks everyone

4 hours ago - 4 days left

Well he is admitting guilt at what happened and how he treated you , presumably it was brought on by his return to your home town. Now it could be he still cares , but he hasn't asked to get back together so bear that in mind. I always think if somebody can let you go ..they can just as easilly ask for you back, no real excuses for not getting over pride.

People appologise if they start to realise they need to , want to or feel guilty. I have had people come and say sorry 2 years later , sometimes they are hit with emotions ..perhaps a life changing event, breakup ...reminder of a special day... loads of things can bring up memories of lost love, lives and stuff.

Unless he makes overtures that he made a mistake and wants to try again, try and not dwell on it too much. Guilt relief ...more than likely. Trying to atone... doing the right thing.... if it helps you both ...then it's ok. If it helps him and hurts you... then it's selfish

Hi

Yes you must have had a big surprise when he contacts you out of the blue but please beware. Maybe once he had his space he had found out that the grass is not alway's greener. Personally I would stick with what you are doing and let him contact you but this is hard as you might be feeling like there is a chance you can work it out. Remember the hurt he put you through 5 Months ago? Well do not let him just walk into your life without a fight. If he really wants you back then he has to work for it. To be honest I would distance yourself from him and stay NC but it depends on your feelings.

Take care

James

Archived