My Boyfriend Says He Can't Live Without Me

cinddayk

Hey guys,

Recently I tried to break up with my boyfriend because he had lied to me about wanting to hang out with his ex-gf. When I did this, he said "if we're done, i'm done." He says he can't live without me and will end his life when our relationship is over. He has 'imprinted' on me and says he can't love anyone else. Before you say he's just doing that- we've talked about it before it came to this. He doesn't care about his life and has already dealt with the idea of death. When we had a previous fight, he said he wanted to "go on a walk" and I has a feeling he wanted to hurt himself. He came back, but he told me he had gone to the wrong overpass and had to come back to get his keys to drive to the right one but I had told him I was looking for him so he didn't. Last night, I read some messages that he had with his ex and how eager he was to see her (3 months ago) when she didn't seem to care. It hurts badly and normally I would be done with someone if they lied to me about this type of thing. When he saw that I saw the messages, he said I didn't trust him and said we shouldn't be together and I knew he meant he would kill himself although he was saying he had to go to class which was his way to try to escape me and hurt himself. I have no idea what to do, I feel like brought him back from the dead each time I convinced him to stay with me.... Help me out please

He really is just manipulating you.

He's not going to do anything, it's a bluff. If he was, there wouldn't be any such nonsense as going to the wrong overpass and having to come back and fetch keys so he could drive to the right one.

He's playing on your emotions while he's still messing about with his ex girlfriend. Trust me, you have not "brought him back from the dead" or any thing else. It's all mind games. Don't play them with him.

I seriously doubt he's going to harm himself if the two of you break up. It's the weakest and most pathetic attempt in the book to try to get someone to stay with you.

In the end, he's his own person. If he chooses to do harm to himself over a break up, then only he is responsible for that. Time to end this relationship. If you seriously think he'll harm himself, then contact someone he's close to and give them a warning. Other than that, there's nothing you can do.

This is emotional blackmail and manipulation. You cannot stay with someone because they threaten this each time you suggest leaving them. He has betrayed your trust and you have every right to leave him, what he does with himself is his own decision and nothing to do with you. I do not think he will do it. Leave him.

Archived