Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AzureMio View Post
    I'm as quiet as they come, only speak when it's necessary but women of my culture (Hispanic ) are definitely more outgoing and I feel left out at times, we are out there but you won't hear us shouting for attention.Look in unexpected places with lots of trees and shadows
    True to an extent, and this is why i said in my post that women can take me as being less masculine, because i am latino who dates latinas. They look at me nuts as if i am supposed to break necks and dance salsa everywhere and talk and charm everyone around me.

But, the odd thing is, is that being introverted made me a good charmer, because i analyze people and think deeply (which are introverted traits). I have had women fall for that. Its just keeping them when the magic of how deep and focus wears off- that is the problem. They might want a more extroverted relationship to spice things up, this is how i lost my exgf.

As an introvert myself, I will tell you one simple thing that myself and probably other introverts break out of their shell:

If the girl simply says hi or smiles, that is all I need to know before I can be my actual extroverted self. It is that simple really. I am one of the worst people when it comes to making the first move because of the amount of nerves, thought, etc.

If a girl says hi to me, it breaks me of those nerves and I can start being myself and taking charge like most women want.

This rarely happens but it really does make a huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorshammer View Post
    Lol, well some women expect their man to shut people up in conversations, or lead a social group, as opposed to sitting in the corner and watching everyone. I can get away with being either the badboy who doesnt say much, or the guy who just came out of prison (i have been told this many times), more so than the weak shy guy who doesnt feel comfortable when people are looking at him, but that dies fast. When the relationship starts to stretch, they start seeing me as a boy more so than a man, they think insecure, or shy, yet i am crazy enough to jump on a table and yell something dumb to prove i am not shy.
    It's interesting that you say that. I always think the bigger guys like you have it easier; I guess I was kinda right then, lol. I always thought that when people see a big quiet guy, he's the "strong silent type" or "mysterious", but a smaller guy like myself is just "shy" and "insecure"..neither of which are true but once people make up their minds about you, it becomes their truth, regardless of what's actually true.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by llw11 View Post
    It's interesting that you say that. I always think the bigger guys like you have it easier; I guess I was kinda right then, lol. I always thought that when people see a big quiet guy, he's the "strong silent type" or "mysterious", but a smaller guy like myself is just "shy" and "insecure"..neither of which are true but once people make up their minds about you, it becomes their truth, regardless of what's actually true.
    Yes, this is what my cousin says as well. He said women fall for how quiet and silent i am, and women dart their eyes toward me and ask why i am always so quiet, so serious, never smile, never talk, etc. But, also posture, how much space you take up, can smell strength and intimidation that can avoid looking insecure and shy (majority of my life i was skinny, muscle size is new to me still, and it was still the same case based on how i present myself). But, this wears out when you are with the same woman for over a year and she wants to go out and meet new people and make new friends, when you really want to stay at home and watch movies with her on the sofa, or keep the same circle of friends only.

Yes, this is what my cousin says as well. He said women fall for how quiet and silent i am, and women dart their eyes toward me and ask why i am always so quiet, so serious, never smile, never talk, etc. But, also posture, how much space you take up, can smell strength and intimidation that can avoid looking insecure and shy (majority of my life i was skinny, muscle size is new to me still, and it was still the same case based on how i present myself).
    Well great job on the physique man!!

But, this wears out when you are with the same woman for over a year and she wants to go out and meet new people and make new friends, when you really want to stay at home and watch movies with her on the sofa, or keep the same circle of friends only.
    I definitely experienced this with my ex. We on opposite ends of the introvert/extrovert spectrum. Our needs were too draining on the other. I craved staying in and cuddling/watching movies/talking/sex but she got energized by going out and meeting new people or just doing stuff with groups of people. Going out drained me. When you're really introverted, you definitely can't be with anyone more than a 50/50 introvert/extrovert. I also find that it's very important to women to have the person they're with be out with them at least 80% of the time. I was always ok with her going out with her friends with me staying home waiting for her when she gets back but this was never good enough for her.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by llw11 View Post
    Well great job on the physique man!!

I definitely experienced this with my ex. We on opposite ends of the introvert/extrovert spectrum. Our needs were too draining on the other. I craved staying in and cuddling/watching movies/talking/sex but she got energized by going out and meeting new people or just doing stuff with groups of people. Going out drained me. When you're really introverted, you definitely can't be with anyone more than a 50/50 introvert/extrovert. I also find that it's very important to women to have the person they're with be out with them at least 80% of the time. I was always ok with her going out with her friends with me staying home waiting for her when she gets back but this was never good enough for her.
    Yep, same boat. My ex actually left when she took what i can only explain as a liberating vacation to miami, and she decided she missed the exotroverted lifestyle more so than she missed me.

Only issue i have is that introverted women tend to be quiet, and so am i... and that becomes an issue, its like a stalemate all the time, so i end up with the extroverted women because they tend to put in more effort. I have dated only extroverted women except one.

Yep, same boat. My ex actually left when she took what i can only explain as a liberating vacation to miami, and she decided she missed the exotroverted lifestyle more so than she missed me.
    Holy crap!! the same thing happened to me! She went on a vacation and was totally different when she came back. I think we lasted a couple more weeks. She realized that there's no way I would have been able to stand the type of vacation she had.

I think I'd like to get an introverted woman, but the thing is, I think its hard determining how interested in you they are as they're always quiet and hard to read so i agree it probably would be a "stalemate". Probably might be easier for a girl to tell if an introverted guy is interested in her.

I think we dated the same chick haha. 4 year relationship ended because of f***in Miami. (my ex before my current)

Only issue i have is that introverted women tend to be quiet, and so am i... and that becomes an issue, its like a stalemate all the time, so i end up with the extroverted women because they tend to put in more effort. I have dated only extroverted women except one.
    I'm an introvert and extrovert? If I am busy all day with ppl, I need my down time at night cos I'll get drained and feel tired. I also need 'me time'; it's a necessity, but I'm not that shy, nor am I quiet lol. I talk a lot and people tell me I'm chatty. So I guess you can be pretty shy, introverted but still appear outgoing enough.

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lalalollipops View Post
    I'm an introvert and extrovert? If I am busy all day with ppl, I need my down time at night cos I'll get drained and feel tired. I also need 'me time'; it's a necessity, but I'm not that shy, nor am I quiet lol. I talk a lot and people tell me I'm chatty. So I guess you can be pretty shy, introverted but still appear outgoing enough.
    I wont argue what an introvert is, since its what... a theory? But to me, an introvert can not be an extrovert at the same time, at least as far as the material i have read had to say. From what i read, when an intovert is with their close friends, they can be loud and talkative, its when they are around new people, or are getting to know new people, that they become quiet and spend more time analyzing them. It took me 4 months to open up to my coworkers, now they cant shut me up, i went from looking like the stuck up mean looking guy, to mr. cool who makes them laugh all the time I am also not shy, i can go up to a woman and tell her she looks fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine and not blink an eye, i sometimes do this all day at work for giggles, and i have serious huevos on a date to tell the woman what i want.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...