How do shy girls act around guys they like?

teentroubles

i shake a lot so i try to put my hands out of view. also my voice is shaky so i try to control that as well. i tell stupid stories, i try to be funny. or i ignore them completely. usually none of this works in my favor the guy takes it the wrong way and that i am a stuck up b.

I feel like I'm very awkward. I will stare at him and think about what really attracts me to him.

I think about dreamy girly stuff, and what have you until I realize I've been staring way too long and he looks

up and makes eye contact. That's when I panic and look away, face another direction

or pretend we just happened to catch eyes while I was scanning the room.

As I shy gal I avoid eye contact like the plague.

They would avoid eye contact when you compliment them. I have also seen them shake, or take heavy breaths. This might sound mean but, i actually make their shyness worse by acting a certain way, because its a clear sign of interest for me. When i get these signs, i start calming them down and opening up discussion to loosen them up.

I like a shy co-worker and think she likes me. She tries to hide her blushing and takes deep breaths when she talks to me or just runs away after a short convo. Problem is I can't get any more than a short convo with her.

Thorshammer, how do you calm them up? I've been talking to her about her interests and try to joke and relax but she's so nervous. It's cute. But how do I get her to open up more or relax? I'd like for something to happen but am stuck with how to approach because she keeps running (because of the blushing).

I like a shy co-worker and think she likes me. She tries to hide her blushing and takes deep breaths when she talks to me or just runs away after a short convo. Problem is I can't get any more than a short convo with her.

Thorshammer, how do you calm them up? I've been talking to her about her interests and try to joke and relax but she's so nervous. It's cute. But how do I get her to open up more or relax? I'd like for something to happen but am stuck with how to approach because she keeps running (because of the blushing).

Last woman that was like that to me i flirted away, she got super nervous, then blurted out she was too nervous but that she really liked me a lot. I guess either tell her you like her, the worst thing she can do is run away again (if she really is nervous), or just ignore it. This is what I have always done. They shake, they get even more nervous after i tell them this, and i lean in for a kiss or hug and stay close. By staying close and looking away from her, it allows her to not feel like she has to maintain eye contact, and to explore being more open easier with your body. Then from here i would keep talking while being close. I know she is shaking like a deer in headlights, i just keep it smooth as if i was in control, and as if i dont notice her nervousness (because pointing it out to her will make her more nervous and uncomfortable). Basically, for me, nervousness means attraction, i dont fear rejection when i see it, so i would continue to chase her and ask her out if she keeps ducking from fright (though if she says no, or seems like she is turning from nervous to annoyed, i would stop. Just because attraction is there, doesnt mean she wants to be with you).

I also have pulled them in by telling them i like them, if they are too nervous to return the cue, i back away. This might force them to have to say or do something, usually a touch on the arm, or they say something and quickly look away. Just that small hint is all you need to continue on with your charge, let her know she needs to feed you to keep moving in.

You both are probably not up to the point that you can make moves. I would try to ask her out (or plan out a time to make your move if the cards line up that you all meet up somewhere) so you can be in a more comfortable atmosphere that promotes more social behavior. This may allow her to open up a lot more. At work i am a complete fool, as if i was a virgi. But dressed up in a bar, i am in my element.

Just keep in mind, bad women can be shy. The woman in my example was married and cheating on her husband with me, and she was super shy and shaking while i sat there like a boss thinking i had a sweet caring woman who doesnt have too much experience in dating. So, shyness doesnt mean "nice" or "sweet" in some cases.

Archived