Innocent flirting or is she interested??

John12

I’ll try to keep this as short as possible...

So this girl that I’ve known for about 5 years now has come back to town for the summer and we’ve been hanging out occasionally until she leaves for school again this Sunday. We’ve never been really good friends but we have hung out before (after senior year of high school), but haven’t really talked while we were both away at school for the last 4 years. Anyways, she has a boyfriend who lives away from her now that they both graduated with the from undergraduate school. We have this flirty thing going on and I cannot tell if it is just because she is very flirty (which she is) or that she is interested. She is drop dead gorgeous and I know she thinks I am attractive as she has said it numerous times, but I am still doubting whether I have a chance. Obviously I wouldn’t do anything since she has a boyfriend, but here is where it gets interesting… The other night we met some friends downtown and she picked up so we went there together (back as well). On the way home she was going to call her boyfriend to see if he got home okay (he just flew back home that day from visiting) but she got the 2 ring reject and exclaimed, “See, this is why I need to be single.” I just laughed. Then she carried on about how she is doubting their relationship even though it has been perfect and she could see herself marrying him one day. She said she has never really been single and that if she’s ever wanted to “make out with a random person," she couldn't This is after we have joked about us making out a few times. She is far from a s*** as she has only been with two people. After her little rant I just laughed and said, “I’m not having this conversation with you.” I wasn’t going to get in the middle of their relationship. She said , "why not?!" I eventually opened up and told her that once these feeling start, it is pretty much a snowball effect, unfortunately. It is inevitable now. Then as we passed by the apartment complex I will be moving into next month (currently living with parents), I pointed out that I was moving there soon. Then she said, “Can I sleep over when I come visit home?” to which I replied, “of course, I will put an air mattress in the closet for you,” while grinning. All these signs are really making it seem like I have a chance of kissing her in the near future, but I just don’t know what’s going on in her head. Are girls ever THAT flirty when they have no interest??

So when we got to my house, we talked for a few more minutes but then I said, “okay, I’m going to go….I don’t want to be a home wrecker.” She said, “yeah, don’t do that (meaning bei a home wrecker)” as I got out of the car.

So what do you guys think? Could she just be playing games? One of the only reasons I could see us not kissing eventually is that I am 6’0” and she is 6’2” haha

Thoughts??? Thanks

I think she's definitely playing games, she's got the maturity of maybe a 13 year old, she's extremely selfish, and that it's hilarious that you actually mentioned the only thing you think that will stop you from kissing is the fact that she's 2 inches taller than you. Some extremely selfish girls will flirt when they have no interest. They do it because the attention makes them feel good about themselves and your feelings and the effect it has on you is not important to them.

She is heavily flirting with you. If i was a guy and i heard my girl talking like that i would end it....right away.

She said it herself that she's in a perfect relationship. One where she even sees herself marrying the guy.

Yet here she is saying that she needs to be single so that she can make out with random people.

She has it all....(according to her) a perfect relationship and she's doing her very best to wreck it. SMDH!!! (shaking my damn head)

OP....You need to stop flirting with her. What goes around comes around (and as i always like to add....in 10 folds or more)

Geez, wasn't expecting all those negative comments...but I guess I agree haha I would never make someone cheat on their boyfriend though, it's just harmless flirting at this point. There is rarely any physical contact or anything of that nature (only dancing and slow dancing). Once (if) they break up, it's fair game though. I guess I'll just have to wait until then. My friends that see us interact think she is interested, but I wanted some outside perspective.

BTW, I kind of made it sound like she is a completely random girl, but we are closer than I let on...I wouldn't think she would just be messing with me haha

If she wants to be with you she should end things with her boyfriend...you know....the one she's in a perfect relationship with.

Flirting around with you doesn't make her (or you for that matter) look good. Harmless or no harmless it's disrespectful to her man.

Don't expect her to treat you any different however. If she does end things with her present boyfriend and end up with you she'll be the same way with another guy.

I said I wasn't going to try anything while she had a boyfriend!! If anything I will wait until she is back for Christmas...and if she's single, then I can make my intentions clear. Trust me, I am not going to be the guy that tries to break up a relationship, that is totally not me, but some flirting is NOT cheating in my eyes or hers.

If all you want to do is hook up with her and the effect its going to have on her bf if he find out won't bother you, then go for it. Just remember, if you start dating this girl, she WILL cheat on you. Don't be surprised.

Also, you claim to know how many guys she's slept with (2?). I guarantee you she's lying about that number. Not that it really matters or it's any of your business. It's common for guys to get a big ego when a girl with a boyfriend starts making making moves on them, but just remember, she'd do that with anyone.

Archived