Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Short Men at a Disadvantage in Romance

It sucks being short! Height does matter a lot!! This is one reason why I never had a date or a gf yet because of my short height. In the video Rob & Stu are the shortest guys and they do not get picked by the ladies because of their short height. Even when they said he is an actor, doctor, millionaire still the ladies did not pick him because of his height. The guy seems out going, confident, good looking but lack of height he does not get picked. This is the same problem I have. I'm only 5'2, probably 5'1 without shoes and I have always been turned down because of my height. I'm outgoing, nice, caring, fun loving but because I'm short I'm rejected, turned down and not given a chance at all. Being short has pretty much runied my chances in dating and getting a gf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3YR1ZTonc
    "Some people more than others judge people by their looks, moreover attractiveness probably most affects first impressions" (Livingston)

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift."

"To be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." IICorinthians 5:8

awww. sorry to hear that.. Im a 6ft 1 woman and thats not easy either.. Lets get together

Bronze Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iwishiknew View Post
    I'm only 5'2, probably 5'1 without shoes and I have always been turned down because of my height.
    Are you sure about that? I used to think that I was always rejected because I was fat. But now that I'm in pretty good shape, it keeps happening. So it turns out it must be something else...

Gold Member
    Unfortunately it's true, it doesn't matter how nice you are or how much money you have. What you do for a living. Short men do have it rough. They often get disqualified before the conversation even begins.

Platinum Member
    Not for me. All my cousins are taller than me, and they never had half the women i have. I am 5'6''. Many of the women i dated never literally looked down on me, some were shorter, some my exact height, some taller. When they crack short jokes, i dont care, i just make a joke out of it. My height did bother me, it still does to a poin,t as i refuse to take off my boots to walk around the house when a women is over because i believe i lose a few inches in height.

I have always been my gfs shortest man. My current gfs last two bfs were over 6 feet tall, one was 6' 4'' or something. In my experience, short height makes you look weak, and weak men lack masculinity to some women. Nothing about me is weak, i walk tall, head up, and if i am in a social environment i make sure i am heard and never talked over by other men, some say i can be intimidating. I might not have the vertical strength, but i wont dare let myself look any smaller in other situations.

And yes, the only thing i agree with 20/20 is that a taller women might not like a shorter man. All those women looked taller than 5'6'', which made them far taller than some of the dudes they put in their experiment.

Well I wouldn't be alive right now if all short men were rejected by all women.

You are right - some women want a tall man and won't date a shorter man. Recently at my workplace, some of the women were talking about height and one mentioned how she doesn't like short men. Like 5'7. I burst out laughing. 5'7 is short now? Well she is almost 6 feet tall!

Meanwhile most of the men in my family are shorties - 5' - 5'9 - and there is no lack of women and babies around. So yeah. Plus you'd have to explain to me why so many of my Filipino friends are rolling in the ladies. lol.

Don't let it stop you. This is about as much of a problem as my having a small butt. Yeah, I have been outright rejected based on not having a big enough rear. For some men, it is just THAT important. But so what. Meanwhile there are more than enough men out there who like me exactly as I am.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iwishiknew View Post
    It sucks being short! Height does matter a lot!! This is one reason why I never had a date or a gf yet because of my short height. In the video Rob & Stu are the shortest guys and they do not get picked by the ladies because of their short height. Even when they said he is an actor, doctor, millionaire still the ladies did not pick him because of his height. The guy seems out going, confident, good looking but lack of height he does not get picked. This is the same problem I have. I'm only 5'2, probably 5'1 without shoes and I have always been turned down because of my height. I'm outgoing, nice, caring, fun loving but because I'm short I'm rejected, turned down and not given a chance at all. Being short has pretty much runied my chances in dating and getting a gf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR3YR1ZTonc
    Nearly all your posts are about how you can't get a girlfriend. Same thing over and over. Please feel pity for me. Please feel sorry for me. How about a change of pace? How about starting a thread about how you put into practice advice you received on this forum.

it is true that a lot of women want a certain type of man (tall, dark etc.) but lots of women are also superficial. In the end you will meet a woman who likes you just for yourself and not your height. It just takes a bit longer to find her.
    When people show you who they are .... believe them!

When you meet someone online don't date online, meet in person and then date.

When you describe your partner as "amazing" it's a sure sign that the rose-colored glasses are still on. Wait a few more month until you can see the real person.

One of the most impressive guys I know when it comes to getting women is a guy who's 5'4". Really charming guy, knows how to really talk to people and get them to laugh. Most of the women he meets are either his height or taller. Now I know you're probably thinking okay well he's 5'4" so his chances are a bit better than yours, but that's not the point because handsome guys who are 5'10" would probably strike out with these girls with the amount of charm they have vs. his. It's a skill to admire in a man and one every man should hone. I should also mention he owns his own business and is athletic as well.

While height may matter to some degree, you can work on some of your redeeming qualities. I'm short too and I've worked on just about everything I can work on, either physical or mental, and still continually learning and getting better as a person. I can't work on my height, so I just won't worry over that. Life's not fair, short men are at a disadvantage, but you just have to deal with it.

Everyone has a disadvantage in something since no one is perfect. You just can't focus on your flaws. It'll come across in your interactions. If you go into a situation thinking, well she's going to reject me because of my height, then you going in not feeling confident and girls will pick up on that. If you focus on what you do have to offer, you'll go into social situations feeling more confident and attract more people.

Seriously though, every single one of us has characteristics about us that we do not like and we could all claim that it prevents us from finding someone. Yet people manage to get together anyway. Stop focusing on the negatives, especially ones you can't change, because it will get you nowhere.
    Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it.
    ~Salvador Dali~

"If you can't trust, then you can't be trusted" -Ben Folds

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...