He apologized...

if you are following my story:

"Hey, I just wanted to apologize. It seems like everything was bad timing. I'm working a lot and have another person I was/am dating. I honestly did enjoy meeting and hanging out with you. I just felt a little overwhelmed and thought that perhaps I wasn't doing the right thing. Just wanted to say you're probably the nicest person I've met in a while and i think that's probably the best thing anyone could ask for. I'll miss you. I hate being the bad guy in situations like this..."

I dont know if this is a rejection letter or an I miss you come back letter. What do you all think ? I guess he is taken and I certainly do not want to build a relationship on a bad foundation. To me if he is with someone else then he is unavailable. I cant date someone who is with someone else. Plain and simple.

yup its a goodbye, i had a similar thing, its just a nice way for them to feel ok, and it makes them look good. My ex sent me a text saying, how horrible she felt for hurting me again, and that i should do whatever to move on, and that i deserve better.. haha. massive * * * * * .

i havent replied, silence speaks volumes. i would advise you do the same.

leave it be.

That's a goodbye. I read your story. It doesn't sound like he was ever that interested, certainly not as invested as you were. I understand, I've been there. I would start posting in healing after breakup vs getting back together.

I agree with the others -- definitely a goodbye. I think you can take what he says at face value: He thinks you're a really nice person; he's seeing someone else. He doesn't think that seeing both of you is the right thing. He feels bad. I got an e-mail almost exactly like this from a guy I dated for a few months. In fact, much of it was the same -- he was sorry, he thought I was a great person, he'd found someone else, he hoped we could be friends at some point, etc. -- at first, I was in denial about it and reading a lot into a few short sentences. After awhile, I recognized it for what it was -- a goodbye. Painful, but necessary.

It's good that he at least responded and told you this so that you can put it behind you and go on to someone else. Don't read anything into the "I'll miss you" part; he might genuinely mean it, but it doesn't mean he wants a relationship with you.

I agree with Annie -- time to move to the "Healing" forum, or maybe even the "Dating" forum on this site!

The problem is that I fall in love too easily...If you look at my threads from December I was in love with another guy! Can you believe it??? lol

I think you are confusing "falling in love" with clinginess and neediness and wanting to be in a relationship. You are "falling in love" and they barely have started dating you. It has to do w/ self-esteem.

I just think he was not able to meet my expectations. Those of making plans on our days off and doing stuff together. I would plan stuff on our mutual days off but the expectations on my part got blown waaaaaaaay out of proportion. I am not going to date someone who is involved with someone else, I just wont do it from this point forward. TAKE CARE! x

If you've done nothing wrong

You've got nothing to fear

If you've something to hide

You shouldn't even be here

Long live us

The persuaded we

Integral

Collectively

To the whole project

It's brand new

Conceived solely

To protect you