Exes have a sixth sense........

I do not know if it has happened to any of you but just as you are moving on they have this sixth sense that they can feel that you are moving on and they start texting you or perhaps e-mailing you just to see how you are doing whatever contacting you in some form. It's like the feel guilty they broke up with you even though they might have a significant other! Basically breadcrumbs or a ego stroke! How do exes know you are moving on and how do they have that weird sixth sense? Anyone else experience this in the past?

yes, and by that time I am usually not flattered at all and find the attention very unwelcome. maybe someday in the future we'll discover that humans sometimes communicate like ants (who have some kind of collective consciousness or something)

i think we should all keep our exs in the past where they belong~

I've witnessed the very same thing. Literally the day, nearly the hour, that someone else shows interest and I feel / felt strong enough to BE interested....or even just aware.....I hear from the ex. Omg, has happened with 2 different ex's. Very eerie.

Excellent post, OP. I'm so glad you brought this to the table!

yeah great post OP!! this is one of the main reasons i'm scared to get into a new relationship! this happen to me a couple of years ago and i know when i moved on and happy.my ex wife will text me and all of those emotions and feelings will come back.no matter what sex ex's are just weird and confusing as hell lol

• 3 years later...

This probably sounds cliche, but it is true in my experience.

I remember the last time it happened, probably four years ago after my second break up. A few months had passed, I had been on a few dates with a cute girl, and on this particular date, she definitely upped the affection level. Then during the date, when we were in a noodle restaurant (I remember the details!!), my phone vibrated in my pocket, later checked when I went to the bathroom, and it was my ex! She became more and more persistent in the weeks that followed, and we ended up getting back together, although the original issues weren't addressed so it fizzled out after about six months. Learnt a lot then, and I doubt I would go back for a second time with an ex, or if I did I would be so much more cautious.

Similarly, my first love contacted me in tears about four months after our break up, when I had been at my lowest ebb. She was shocked to hear how strong I sounded, and especially about my plan to travel around New Zealand for a year! She called a few more times, then stopped abruptly (to this day I am convinced my Mum called her and told her to leave me alone haha).

So it might sound corny to someone who has never experienced it, but in my two previous break ups, it has happened. You can never be sure, but I doubt my recent ex will ever get in touch again. It would certainly take some courage and gall for her to do so after the way she immaturely dealt with break up with me.

Good post OP!

Great post! That always!! happens to me and just like one poster said...I'm afraid to get involved with someone else too because I know at this moment that all my feelings would come back for my ex and I can't say that I wouldn't go back to my ex and I definitely don't want to hurt anyone because they wouldn't deserve it and that is why I'm going solo for awhile.

has it happen the other way? they dumped you and never heard of them again?

I think I wont hear back from my ex. Well, if any, maybe when she gets pregnant or something-

I won't ever hear from mine. She feels super guilty but is completely without remorse. She'll avoid me for the rest of her life as long as it means never having to come to grips with her guilt and take responsibility for her actions.

I have had three ex's come around right when I met my most recent ex and then when we were having issues/broke up.

Now the one that had been trying to contact me actually hit my MOM up on Facebook thinking it was me 😂. This was before he got a hold of me. Actually several times, inviting her(me) out to the bar. Glad he didn't ask her to be FWB through FB!

The other one I dated briefly 5 years ago. I would email him about once a year or two and exchange pleasantries. When my most recent ex and I had a bump in the road, he actually initiated contact for the first time in those 5 years asking if I was married yet.

I believe they can sense things.

Archived