Thread: What position should the cervix be in the first trimester?

Silver Member

Question What position should the cervix be in the first trimester?

I am 6-weeks pregnant and want some insight on how your cervix supposed to feel and the position. Last 2 weeks or so it was high so i couldnt reach it. Now it at the point I can reach it so just wondering if this is normal.

Platinum Member
    Your OB or the nurses that work for him/her can tell you. I also recommend the Pregnancy Bible - superior IMO to What to Expect.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    It is not the same for every woman because women are not all built exactly the same and have the same cervix or the same pregnancy etc etc.......
    Sept 23/2014 Asperger's diagnosis for my son. " in a box not a bottle"

If you judge people you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa

Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me and I will give you rest

As for Me and My House We Will Serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Life only goes around once but never again~~Fred Stobaugh

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Batya33 View Post
    Your OB or the nurses that work for him/her can tell you. I also recommend the Pregnancy Bible - superior IMO to What to Expect.
    Thank you, I have my appt on Friday, but just freaking myself out every time i run to the bathroom. I will check that book out. I was pregnant with my son in 2005, so I forgot everything now.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria66 View Post
    It is not the same for every woman because women are not all built exactly the same and have the same cervix or the same pregnancy etc etc.......
    I figured, I am just going to be paranoid until the 2nd trimester because I am a worry wort. Not good i know.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    The thing is worried won't save you from anything. Just be at peace. Also don't go poking your fingers around in there if you are worried.
    Sept 23/2014 Asperger's diagnosis for my son. " in a box not a bottle"

If you judge people you have no time to love them. Mother Teresa

Be not afraid. I go before you always. Come follow me and I will give you rest

As for Me and My House We Will Serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Life only goes around once but never again~~Fred Stobaugh

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria66 View Post
    The thing is worried won't save you from anything. Just be at peace. Also don't go poking your fingers around in there if you are worried.
    Yeah, I know I am just a worry wort in general, and yeah I am not poking anymore lol

Platinum Member
    Gong through pregnancy and motherhood (so far) really helped me with my worrying -it's so bad for my health and such a waste of energy. I have little mantras I do when I start going down that boring, repetitive path of worrying like "oh please that's silly" -whatever works.

All I know is the cervix is supposed to be closed. At 6 weeks I was spotting -talk about worried!

Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Babies who are conceived with the help of some methods of fertility treatment are at more risk of birth defects than babies who are born to parents ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Women, who suffer from excess weight or have Type 2 or gestational diabetes during pregnancy, are at an increased risk of having a child with ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Pregnancy may decrease a woman's risk of developing the debilitating illness multiple sclerosis, Australian researchers have found. It has already ...