Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blocking question on OKCupid

Question Blocking question on OKCupid

Quick question on blocking:
    I blocked my ex a few months ago on OKCupid. Was trying to heal myself and move on when to my horror he appears on my "welcome" screen (where they show you people who updated their profiles). He did not view my profile, I'm talking about the section where they show you random men who updated their profiles. It said he edited his profile and added a pictire which I could all see.
    My question is, if I can see him, can he see me?

How does the blocking work? He cannot send me a message but can still see me or he can not see or send me a message? I cannot find anything about this on the site.

Platinum Member
    Yes, he can still look at your profile but he cannot message you.

ahhh seriously?? I don't want him knowing I'm on there and still single But would I appear in his search results if he can't message me?

thanks

Platinum Member
    Yeah. It could happen. Don't worry about it though. If he is on there too, he has no reason to judge you.

Yeah, eek he had a lot of issues :/ Well I wanted to disable my account anyway and try out match.com again, so i did that.
    Thanks!

Platinum Member
    good luck. i do not like match.com but it works for a lot of people.

I have tried match before with no luck. But everytime I hear someone getting married from an online dating site it's always match.com! So I fugured I would give it another shot.

Silver Member
    I wish there was a way to stop people looking at your profile. I notice one guy keeps coming to look at my page. Not all the time, but maybe once every couple of months. It is annoying as his name and pic are a little freaky. I don't like the idea of him keep coming to my page to look at my pic. Ugh! I was looking to see if there was a way to block them from coming but I guess you can't. I've sent OKC an email about it. I wish they could add that to the settings.
    I'm a Sagittarian. That's all you need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightest Dark View Post
    I wish there was a way to stop people looking at your profile. I notice one guy keeps coming to look at my page. Not all the time, but maybe once every couple of months. It is annoying as his name and pic are a little freaky. I don't like the idea of him keep coming to my page to look at my pic. Ugh! I was looking to see if there was a way to block them from coming but I guess you can't. I've sent OKC an email about it. I wish they could add that to the settings.
    I know right! I mean with Facebook, for example, when you block someone they can not only contact you but they also can't see anything from you. I don't know why OKCupid can't do this. I don't feel comortable with someone I don't like or don't feel comfortable with having access to my profile. I don't want them to see certain information or for them to "spy" on me or check up on me. They really need to change that!

Quote Originally Posted by Brightest Dark View Post
    I wish there was a way to stop people looking at your profile. I notice one guy keeps coming to look at my page. Not all the time, but maybe once every couple of months. It is annoying as his name and pic are a little freaky.
    Buy him A-list! Then he'll browse anonymously and you won't see him visiting you. Wait, never mind.
    Long sweet live, a-chewin' me baby,
    Ain't nothin' wrong with that :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...