Stopping Birth Control

Has anyone experienced this? I stopped taking my birth control about a month ago. I felt like it was causing more harm than good. However, last night I was feeling dizzy and was sweating throughout the night even though it was not hot in my room and started having cramps. I woke up this morning and had started my first "real" period in about 7-8 months. I am still dizzy and am having extreme hot flashes.

What kind were you on to not have a period for 7-8 months? I went off th pill to see if im still wacky (never experienced a bad side effect) and haven't had any adverse side effects.

I was taking lo loestrin. I wasn't NOT having a period but it wasn't like the periods I would have when I wasn't on birth control. Sometimes I wouldn't have a period but if I did, it was VERY light

When I get off BC (Been on Yazmin and generic of ortho tri-cyclen) my hair falls out for a few months, my skin breaks out, my period is 2-3 weeks late the first month, and my irregular periods come back (I have PCOS though which is why).

It was so bad I just got back on it.

I know this well. I haven't gone 7+ months without a period -- you should probably consult your doctor after 3 months have passed since the withdrawal bleed -- but it did take 3 months before I got my first post-pill period.

My skin broke out like crazy and I was sweating more as well as that first period was pretty painful. But since then things have been smooth sailing and I feel great. I'm sure there is a hormone imbalance for a while just as when you start a new hormonal birth control method, but it smooths out as you adjust, again just like when starting hormones.

My hair is thicker and eyelashes are longer though. My hair fell out so much on birth control that I felt like a shedding rottweiler haha

Archived