Greasy hair on guys

Nherz

I've been told by a few women that they enjoy greasy hair on guys. They say they can't put their finger on it, but they like it.

I found this out mainly through girls I was dating. They'd want to meet up, so I'd tell them I'd have to take a shower first (I have long hair and I wash it pretty much daily, and it grosses me out if it's left unkempt for too long). They'd then reveal that I shouldn't, because they like greasy hair.

I do notice that when I'm on the subway or walking down the street that more women look at me than if I had my hair nicely washed and kept. Maybe it's an "EWWW DISGUSTING!" kind of look, but either way I get a lot more attention.

I have a theory that may or may not be bull, but is it possible that maybe pheromones are more present when a person is unwashed? Or maybe the smell of BO just turns women on? When I go out unwashed I'm not talking about being a sweaty, smelly, disgusting mess, I'm talking about taking a day off showering so I'm not at my cleanest.

No, no, and no. I have not had a single woman friend who has ever expressed desire to date a greasy looking guy, and in fact, most women appreciate men who are clean and well groomed, not dirty or stinky. You don't have to be drowning in cologne, but you do have to look and smell clean, especially if you want to make a good impression.

If they look at you more when you're 'greasy', they are probably looking at you thinking, 'that guy needs a shower' if you're greasy or unwashed... or just turning around wondering 'what is that yucky smell'...

I really like the "can't put their finger on it" -I wouldn't want to touch greasy hair, either.

I think some women find it masculine when a man looks messy, like he's been doing hard physical labor.

lol, I feel exactly the same. Plus, greasy hair tends to be kind of smelly. Smelly in a way that I really, really don't like. But then, no woman is the same

I personally like a man that has a slight (SLIGHT) body odor. Accompanied with freshness. So how he smells after a normal day where he did take a shower in the morning and washed his hair

Thanks for the insight, everyone. i have wondered if they like the "rugged" look an unwashed person can bring. In my most recent case, I had been out of state the night before in a hotel. In the morning I didn't shower, but I did take a swim in a pool, and my hair was really messy and windswept. It didn't look gross, just wild. I noticed a lot of girls looking at me, whereas normally I'm just invisible to most people in public in NYC.

Come to think of it, I began dating a girl over the summer who I met on a night where I didn't shower. I thought I was grimy and gross, but she kept saying she liked my hair and the way I smelled (Without me bringing attention to the fact that I hadn't bathed that day). She told me she's got a thing for greasy hair.

Studies show that many women are instinctively attracted to the smell of a man's body odor, because it's a sign of him being healthy (or something along those lines). As to how potent the smell or just who exactly those women are, well, I don't know. I prefer to be clean.

My girlfriend sometimes buries her nose into my armpit and inhales deeply and noisily, just to creep me out. >_

• 2 weeks later...

Archived