Help me please?! I'm so confused about my ex boyfriend :/

It's been almost two months since my ex fiance' and I broke up (on good terms, no fighting or anything). And we went through the no contact thing for a couple weeks and eventually started talking again. Which is great because I'm 4 months pregnant with our child that we tried oh so hard to conceive (which we found out after the break up). Well, lately the past couple days my ex has been weird. He calls me every morning at 3 before he goes to work and afterwards I told him I think it might be best if we don't talk for a little bit if he's trying to pursue someone else because it's not fair to her. Well he texted me right back and wrote "I'll be damned if a girl comes between me and my kid and it's mother" And later on he surprised me with a call and reassured me he didn't like anyone. He got mad that I assumed he did. And then today he called and told me he doesn't want anyone "poking his baby in the head" which he said was just a figure of speech. And I haven't and don't plan on sleeping with anyone for a while, but I do find it unfair that he can sleep with anyone he so chooses (which he has already) and tries to tell me not to... Is my ex trying to be controlling or does he miss me and feel left out of the process?

We had broken up because he wanted to live somewhat isolated I guess. And we had moved in with his mother, whom knows how to complain about everything and it just became unbearable. She drove him crazy about talking so much crap about me and she drove me crazy for all of a sudden (she acted like my best friend for the other two years I was together with her son) complaining about me not having a job... I won't even go into details about that haha but yeah.

And the reason I thought he was into someone else was because he just made it sound like he was talking to some girl all day every day. But I guess not. It's just confusing that he says these things to reassure me that he hasn't moved on or anything. I definitely haven't and am hoping we can work things out.

(And for the record this guy has a really tough exterior, but he's extremely sensitive and just doesn't really show it except to me) ..if that helps at all?

Well you must have somewhere to live now... if your problems were being caused by living with his mother (Eeeek! I know first hand how stressful that can be!) have you talked to him about moving into your new place? Is that an option?

Maybe you need to talk to him directly about these issues... Fair enough, he might want to live somewhere isolated, but with a baby on the way I completely understand why you wouldn't want to do that. It's hard for a new mother to be away from her friends/family/support system, and that's something he should consider now that you're expecting. Maybe you can talk with him about what is best for the baby and perhaps even for your family as a whole. It definitely sounds like he is committed to your child, and that's wonderful. Maybe there is a hope for you two!

It's really hard when there are children involved, because you need to maintain some form of a civil relationship with him, for the baby's sake. It's also understandable that if things can't work out you might not want any contact with him. If that's the case, maybe the two of you can make a rule that you will only contact each other if it is regarding the baby, and keep things almost business like, at least in the beginning while you're feelings are still fresh. If that won't work, maybe at first you can ask someone you know and trust to contact him on your behalf with any baby related news and not have any contact directly for a while?

In regards to seeing other people? If he's moving on then you can too! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and he doesn't have any right to tell you otherwise!! In saying this, regardless of whether you're seeing someone new or not, he is still the baby's father and has a right to be included in the child's life, so if you do decide to move on hopefully the two of can at least maintain a friendship, for the sake of your baby. I really hope everything works out for you!

Archived