why does he ignore my texts but think its okay to text me whenever HE wants!

Im so damn angry..

Obviously i still care about my ex. We were together for a year. We have talked on and off since the break up last year. Lately he has been ignoring any text messages i send him. I dont text him saying i miss you or anything regarding "us". I just text him saying whats up hows your day * * * * like that. He ignores it. Everything he ignores so i just stop bothering to text him. but then he will text me at like 3am calling me "love" or something acting as if he still loves me. But when i reply to them he ignores me. Its so * * * * ing aggrivating and selfish! Does anyone else go through this problem? Im just so fed up with it. I really wish i didnt love him. What makes it worse is that he says he still loves me.

or maybe he doesnt love you as much !! but whenever he wants to get reminded of the fact that u still care about him, he will message you..and ur reply will only satisfy his male psyche...after which he'll stop giving a damn. !! so dont be a fall back option for him....try to seek some importance for yourself by ignoring his messages the next time..! and show it to him that you have better things to do in life than to eagerly wait to reply to his messages !! speaking with experience....

Just don't play games with him. He's your EX-boyfriend. Meaning no relationship. You still have expectations that he replies to your text messages/phone calls. It cannot be this way anymore. I would stop communicating with him until those expectations that he replies to you are completely gone.

He's sending you breadcrumbs at 3 AM saying he loves you...the communication between the two of you is unhealthy. Either start communicating (he doesn't want to apparently) or completely stop. Not many people can "kind of" have a relationship with an ex. Wires are crossed.

PS - Don't play these games with him at all. Don't ignore a text so that you "get him" for it. Take the high road and just move on.

You're putting alot of emphasis on text messages. Texts are not true "communication" and people are under no obligation to respond to them in a timely manner, if at all. If you really want to know "how his day was", call him on the phone and have a conversation with him. I hate it when people text me and ask some kind of general question like that. There are always a dozen stories or ancedotes "about my day" I could share with someone, but I'm not going to sit there and type paragraphs of information into my phone. That's why people have conversations!

However, I digress. Why are you texting him at all? Why are you still hung up on him after all of this time? It's not healthy. Stop texting him and keep ignoring his obvious late night drunken booty call texts. If the only time you are hearing from his is late at night when you know he's probably been partying, then you are nothing more to him than a sexual option, and who knows how many other girls he's texted and not heard back from before he reached your name on his contact list? Don't let this small issue anger you. Accept that the relationship is long over and move on. Focusing on this kind of crap will just keep you stuck on him and the anger will eat you up and sap your energy.

When you text him you let him know you are still thinking about him, that you still care for him etc so he has no reason to reply, you already give him all the info he needs.

When you stop texting him he thinks you are moving on, forgetting him etc so he texts you, but it doesnt mean he wants you back, it just means he still wants you on a string, always thinking about him, always caring about him.. makes him feel good.

Stop texting him, and don't reply to his texts.... Its not easy but at least you will stop getting messed about by him and will eventually regain your life, your 'smile' and happiness.

I feel like, If I NEVER knew what LOVE meant, things would be so much easier, especially for us women and men with souls...

And yeah, I feel you....I am trying to talk to othert dudes and go out as much as possible to stop thinking about him not texting/calling me...

He doesn't know what love is, home girl.....Forget about him the best you can!!

I know im just so fed up with it cause i do love him so much still. Ive never been able to move on and he claims he hadnt been able to move on either. And i dont think its a booty call text cause we live 8 hours apart from each other. So that makes no sense. But i do think hes playing games. He gets scared ill move on sk he throws a bread crumb and when he gets my response he feels better. Ugh i hate this. Im just gonna start blocking his number again

NC is really the only thing that you can do or you will end up being a total wreck!

Good Luck to you! Just remember there are alot of people on here that are going through the same thing. So, if posting helps you then do it! I know I couldn't have got through my recent BU without this site!

How I wish I could have a do over with the way I responded to my ex's text messages--which were very similar to yours. I wouldn't have replied to such messages. It went on this way for years, until I learned he was in a "committed" relationship with somebody else. When you're at the stage you're at, any message is better than no message, but is it really? Experiment in not responding to the late-night "miss you" texts. Or at the very least, wait a day or so and respond during normal hours. My ex used to text me early in the evening with a simple "whatcha doing?" I always replied with a prompt message that let him know I was available to see him. He always came over and the song and dance continued---never knew when I was going to hear from him again. How I wish once, just once, instead of replying with such availability, that I would have written something like "Getting ready for a date. I hope you have a good night. Let's chat soon."

I am NOT a fan of No Contact if you want your lover back.. END OF STORY...However I do believe in giving them space and time....I can't ignore someone I love, but I can prolong there thoughts by disappearing for a little longer then they expect...There is no easy way of dealing, Im in the same boat. If you come up with a solution, let me know girl..

• 1 year later...

hey i know this is an old thread, but what happened did you guys get back together, all i gotta say is my ex gf is doing the same thing, she calls n texts saying she misses me n crap, then when we meet up she makes excuses for saying it or trys to say she meant somthing else by it, its litterly pissing me off n making me depressed, i think your bf is an idiot for not wanting you sweetkisses, your beautiful, too bad you didnt live in canada aha but really im interested

Archived