Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

why does he ignore my texts but think its okay to text me whenever HE wants!

Im so damn angry..

Obviously i still care about my ex. We were together for a year. We have talked on and off since the break up last year. Lately he has been ignoring any text messages i send him. I dont text him saying i miss you or anything regarding "us". I just text him saying whats up hows your day * * * * like that. He ignores it. Everything he ignores so i just stop bothering to text him. but then he will text me at like 3am calling me "love" or something acting as if he still loves me. But when i reply to them he ignores me. Its so * * * * ing aggrivating and selfish! Does anyone else go through this problem? Im just so fed up with it. I really wish i didnt love him. What makes it worse is that he says he still loves me.

Its like he knows he still loves me but wont act on it because he doesnt want to be tied down or whatever. Im just so tired of this..i really am.

Silver Member
    He is maybe drunk when he writes(you say he does it late on nights)? you should ignore too

Quote Originally Posted by lanaa View Post
    He is maybe drunk when he writes(you say he does it late on nights)? you should ignore too
    Yep..drunk, probably wants to get laid.
    "The point is, acceptance is the magic answer. Accept who you are, who she is, the situation, how things will likely turn out--and that takes away the pain that comes from wanting to change something." - CrapAtNC

"They just want you as a friend so they can ween themselves off you. They want their cake and eat it too. So I chose to shove the cake down his throat" - Karma20

or maybe he doesnt love you as much !! but whenever he wants to get reminded of the fact that u still care about him, he will message you..and ur reply will only satisfy his male psyche...after which he'll stop giving a damn. !! so dont be a fall back option for him....try to seek some importance for yourself by ignoring his messages the next time..! and show it to him that you have better things to do in life than to eagerly wait to reply to his messages !! speaking with experience....

Just don't play games with him. He's your EX-boyfriend. Meaning no relationship. You still have expectations that he replies to your text messages/phone calls. It cannot be this way anymore. I would stop communicating with him until those expectations that he replies to you are completely gone.

He's sending you breadcrumbs at 3 AM saying he loves you...the communication between the two of you is unhealthy. Either start communicating (he doesn't want to apparently) or completely stop. Not many people can "kind of" have a relationship with an ex. Wires are crossed.

PS - Don't play these games with him at all. Don't ignore a text so that you "get him" for it. Take the high road and just move on.
    "I am one of those Melodramatic fools, Neurotic to the bone. No doubt about it."

You're putting alot of emphasis on text messages. Texts are not true "communication" and people are under no obligation to respond to them in a timely manner, if at all. If you really want to know "how his day was", call him on the phone and have a conversation with him. I hate it when people text me and ask some kind of general question like that. There are always a dozen stories or ancedotes "about my day" I could share with someone, but I'm not going to sit there and type paragraphs of information into my phone. That's why people have conversations!

However, I digress. Why are you texting him at all? Why are you still hung up on him after all of this time? It's not healthy. Stop texting him and keep ignoring his obvious late night drunken booty call texts. If the only time you are hearing from his is late at night when you know he's probably been partying, then you are nothing more to him than a sexual option, and who knows how many other girls he's texted and not heard back from before he reached your name on his contact list? Don't let this small issue anger you. Accept that the relationship is long over and move on. Focusing on this kind of crap will just keep you stuck on him and the anger will eat you up and sap your energy.
    "All the great men are dead...and I don't feel so well myself."

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink, because when they get up in the morning that's the best they are going to feel all day." ~ Frank Sinatra

"It is hard to fail. But it is worse to have never tried to succeed" ~ Theodore Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    When you text him you let him know you are still thinking about him, that you still care for him etc so he has no reason to reply, you already give him all the info he needs.

When you stop texting him he thinks you are moving on, forgetting him etc so he texts you, but it doesnt mean he wants you back, it just means he still wants you on a string, always thinking about him, always caring about him.. makes him feel good.

Stop texting him, and don't reply to his texts.... Its not easy but at least you will stop getting messed about by him and will eventually regain your life, your 'smile' and happiness.

I feel like, If I NEVER knew what LOVE meant, things would be so much easier, especially for us women and men with souls...
    And yeah, I feel you....I am trying to talk to othert dudes and go out as much as possible to stop thinking about him not texting/calling me...
    He doesn't know what love is, home girl.....Forget about him the best you can!!

I agree with the other posters. He likes knowing the fact that you are still there for him and when you back off a little, he throws a breadcrumb just to make sure you are still there.

Truly a sad game that some people play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Checking and following the activities of an ex partner through social networking site Facebook can seriously interfere with a person's ability to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Most people get divorced hoping to have a better life and find more happiness than they had in their marriage. However, a new national study by Iowa ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Brides who hesitate about getting married might want to consider having second thoughts before starting a life-long commitment, suggest psychologists ...