Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Girlfriend Hasnt Text Me all day

Girlfriend Hasnt Text Me all day

Hello All,

So me and the woman im dating has a fight on Friday. She was really mad at me because we fight about the same topic over and over. She was going out of town to hangout with friends so i told her, this is going no where. I want you to have fun, there is no use in arguing anymore, Have fun this weekend. She then hung up. So a few hours goes by and i texted her "sorry for this afternoon, have a fun weekend" hours late she texted back and said "you too, have a good weekend" so today, she hasnt texted me at all. I'm tempted to text her, but i know that she wants her space (we've been together everyday two weeks strait). So my question is, should i text her asking how her day went? or just leave it.

She will be coming back tomorrow or monday. I'm not sure. Should i just stay put and wait for her to text me? or should i make the move?

Oliver

Leave it until she gets back, unless she contacts you.

Take it from someone who knows first hand: There is such a thing as too much attention. And it sounds like you two do need the time apart - you're smothering each other.
    Feel free to PM me any time. I'm always willing to listen when someone needs an ear.

Platinum Member
    Let the weekend go so both of you can get out of your emotional phase. Let that logic kick in the next time you guys have contact.

If you guys keep fighting about the same things, then i would be more focused on that.

Platinum Member
    I agree with the other two, leave her be until she is back.

Out of curiosity, what are you two fighting about?

Update: Well, she finally text me today saying "hi, how was your weekend"

I responded saying it was good, and the boys (our dogs) miss you. She responded with aww i miss the boys. then that was it. I then texted her saying, how was weekend she said it was really fun and then asked her if does she miss me. she ignored the question and asked what i am doing. she never answered the question. Now, she hasnt text me back at all tonight. She is coming back tomorrow and i'm fed up!

I talked to her mom and she told me that she didnt have time to contact me because she has been busy all weekend. Funny things is, she went up there to party with her friends. She didn't even want me to go. I don't believe she didn't have time because she is real popular, she has guys texting her all day and night. So for the past two days after our fight are you telling me she couldnt find time to text to say hi? i dont believe that.

Finally, she knows this is killing me. She knows this is hurting me, but she still doesnt make any contact and just enjoys her time with her friends drinking and partying tonight. How cold hearted is that? Me personally, i always make an attempt to contact her even when im busy to say hi. plus if i know she is worrying because i havent texted or called, i would make an attempt to call versus just blatantly ignoring them.

how cold hearted can someone be!

Quote Originally Posted by osagun View Post
    Finally, she knows this is killing me. She knows this is hurting me, but she still doesnt make any contact and just enjoys her time with her friends drinking and partying tonight. How cold hearted is that? Me personally, i always make an attempt to contact her even when im busy to say hi. plus if i know she is worrying because i havent texted or called, i would make an attempt to call versus just blatantly ignoring them.

how cold hearted can someone be!
    It would seem you have someone who enjoys playing communication mind games. Since you've said she knows that it hurts you then it sounds like she gets something from you suffering. It's quite common and usually comes down to ego and wanting to be "missed" while still out having fun. If this is the case, I'd say she is not showing you the respect you deserve. It sounds like you've been dating long enough to have settled into some sort of mutual contact routine, if she's still playing games now I don't think she is the women for you.

It's a good point that you need space but she is manipulating this by making your space unbarable whilst enjoying herself at your expense. I don't think it is a space issue anymore, you just would not feel like this.

Consider how often you are left feeling like this and decide whether this is your idea of a healthy relationship, from their the choice is clear.

Best of luck. Either way I hope you take back control of the situation by making a decision based on your happiness and not hers.

If she continues this will wear on your self esteem.

Platinum Member
    Its up to you and how you feel she would react to certain situations and actions by you.

I personally would emulate what she is doing. I wouldnt contact either, and i would hang out with other people too. I wouldnt let her behavior bother me, i would be unemotional to it. I would avoid talking to her mom and showing that its bothering you (because she will tell her).

It seems like a field of games is going on now, you either fall for her game and explode with emotion on her, play it too, or walk away. If this is a game shes playing, then she needs to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorshammer View Post
    Its up to you and how you feel she would react to certain situations and actions by you.

I personally would emulate what she is doing. I wouldnt contact either, and i would hang out with other people too. I wouldnt let her behavior bother me, i would be unemotional to it. I would avoid talking to her mom and showing that its bothering you (because she will tell her).

It seems like a field of games is going on now, you either fall for her game and explode with emotion on her, play it too, or walk away. If this is a game shes playing, then she needs to grow up.
    This is a great post. I agree. Just stop contacting her. Give her a taste of it too. She's playing mind games and she knows they're working. You're coming off as too needy, and you're playing right into her hands.

I don't know how old you are, but college age through 20s, you'll find this is a common thing. "Party" girls often love attention, and they get hit on all day every day if they're attractive.
    Last edited by imsuperman; 02-06-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    "If yer like me, ya like talkin' to things."-Gary Busey

Well here is more info for you guys (FYI: Thank you so much for taking the time to give me advice, its really helping). So before going on her trip this past weekend, she stays at my place everyday. She cook and does everything, but when she goes out she turns on the "im single" button and it annoys me because, what the hell are we doing? Plus we went on a west coast excursion visiting california, washington, and canada and everything was great, to her the best trip yet. Then two weeks ago, she invited me to cancun with her family in March. I mean, thats pretty big if you are taking me with you on a family trip you know? Plus she tells me, she talks to guys and gets their numbers because its fun and tells me i should get girls numbers too. but i dont do it because thats just respect. But then there are time where she wakes up mad at me because she had a dream where i was talking kissing another girl. what the hell...guess this is what i get for dating a 24 year old college student...

Yeah, it sounds like this is more an FWB situation almost than a relationship, my friend.
    "If yer like me, ya like talkin' to things."-Gary Busey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...