Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Haven't heard from him :(

Hi everyone,

I met a guy recently that I really liked. He seemed really cool, sweet and into me. He wanted to see me so much and was texting, calling. We've even been on three dates so far he was super keen. We had so much fun and really good time and I was just starting to think I might have met a cool guy to date.

Anyway he went away and I've not heard from him since. I know he will be back by now but he's not texted or called or anything, just silence. I know he could just be busy but I also know that guys who are not into you don't call or text and it's simple like that. It's been three days since I last heard from him and I have this sinking feeling that he's not going to call or contact me anymore. Previously he was in touch everyday.

I'm feeling really down and sitting here in tears. I don't understand why guys have to be such douchebags sometimes. It's so cruel to come on strong and then stop all contact suddenly. Worst of all was he knows that last guy I dated treated me this way as well, and he was telling me not all guys were jerks and he wasn't that way etc.

Men say they don't like needy or insecure women, but how can we help but become this way when they jerk us ladies around so much like this? I am left with no answers as to what was wrong with me that he suddenly dumped me, and I can't call or text him to find out what's going on because then I'm perceived as chasing or needy.

I don't see any point in contacting him anyway, I have always found with guys if I make contact after they have gone quiet I just get a reluctant response and a knock back of some kind or another from them.

Now I just have another week or two to go of looking at my phone and not receiving any messages from him. I wish men would realise how mean that is, and grow a pair enough to at least be decent enough to tell a woman that he doesn't want to date her anymore rather than leaving her to wait for a call that never comes.

I just feel so rejected and down right now.

Platinum Member
    How often would you initiate when you guys were actively communicating?

I didn't really, he chased me. I was always responsive and positive though

Platinum Member
    It gets old when you have to do all the pursuing. Maybe its time you contacted him.

Platinum Member
    Send him a text. "Hey? Are you back? Boy you really keep a girl guessing!""

Maybe he thinks he has used up all of his "coming on strong" points and is falling back to see if your interest level is as high.

Platinum Member
    Are you sure he's back? Maybe he really is busy. There's no way he could lose interest that quick without something big triggering it. You're worrying too soon. When did he say he would be back? This has happened to me before and the guy eventually texted and got back in touch...it just so happened they were genuinely busy.

Platinum Member
    Its not a "guy" thing, women do this also.

I would agree to send him a text, i think no different of a woman sending a text. It shows interest, or it gets it out of the way that you dont have to continue the anxiety over wondering about his interest. At some point some guys get really tired of being the only one putting all the work in, i know i tend to favor the woman who returns the same amount of active attention back.

I should say the last contact I had with him was me sorry. I sent him a v. quick message to say have a great time away and he replied saying a similar message to me. So I did initiate the last contact. Just feeling quite wary about initiating again, especially since he's not contacted me........ Do you all still think I should contact him?

If your interested in him and want to be in contact, then contact him! If he isn't after anything with you I'm sure you will know after this contact

Platinum Member
    Yes, I do. Light and funny. Go on now.

•  

• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Related Articles & Books
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
    by Margarita Nahapetyan
    It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...