Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is match.com worth it?

Is match.com worth it?

i am in my early twenties and a member of pof but it isn't working for me, ive dated a guy from the site but it didnt work out, i ended up getting hurt by it but things happen and we move on. anyway, my cousin met her now husband from match.com and they now have a 4 year old kid together, so it clearly worked for them, but i feel like if i actually join a site like that and actually pay for it, if it doesn't work out then it was a waste but at the same time ive heard that that site has more guys that actually are serious about finding someone, has anyone had any luck with match? i did make an account i just never paid for it yet, i kept debating whether or not to...is it really worth it?...thankss

I'm using match.com right now.. Met 4 people in two months, no "matches" yet. Though, overall it's been pretty interesting. Due to the fact that people are shelling out 40 dollars a month, there are more "serious" people on that site than you'll see on PoF, which from what I have been told is mainly a hook up site. If you're looking for a relationship, I think you'll have better chances on a pay site.

Like anything though, you get out of it what you put into it.
    "I am one of those Melodramatic fools, Neurotic to the bone. No doubt about it."

Quote Originally Posted by LDRohnos View Post
    I'm using match.com right now.. Met 4 people in two months, no "matches" yet. Though, overall it's been pretty interesting. Due to the fact that people are shelling out 40 dollars a month, there are more "serious" people on that site than you'll see on PoF, which from what I have been told is mainly a hook up site. If you're looking for a relationship, I think you'll have better chances on a pay site.

Like anything though, you get out of it what you put into it.
    yeah true, i have tried pof and yea pretty much just guys looking for hook ups, only reason i joined that site was bc i didnt want to have to pay to use a site, im from ny and it just seems like the guys on pof from around my area are only looking for hook ups pretty much, kinda tired of that lol

Try ok cupid. It's more serious people like match but its free..

I'm on eHarmony. If nothing happens with that I'm gonna try match.com. (I'm pretty sure they have a deal; "if you don't meet someone special in 6 months, we'll give you 6 months free.") I tried Okcupid but that was a joke. What is Pof?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty389 View Post
    yeah true, i have tried pof and yea pretty much just guys looking for hook ups, only reason i joined that site was bc i didnt want to have to pay to use a site, im from ny and it just seems like the guys on pof from around my area are only looking for hook ups pretty much, kinda tired of that lol
    Give it a shot, I cannot promise you won't see the same thing since I'm looking from the male perspective but in general the vibe I get is pretty good.
    "I am one of those Melodramatic fools, Neurotic to the bone. No doubt about it."

Bronze Member
    I really liked OKCupid. I was on it for a year, and I got a decent (for me) number of messages. If you're more nerdy/geeky/hipster/"quirky", it has a nice spread of people.

I've been on Match.com for four months and gotten almost no messages. It seems to be a site crammed with sporty, outdoor jock guys... not my speed at all. So, it also depends on what type of person you are looking for.

I met my ex-girlfriend on match.com. My only caution is that most people who feel the need to use a dating website likely have some sort of emotional baggage that will rear its head down the road. Make sure that you address it before it blows up in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyBoyDave View Post
    I met my ex-girlfriend on match.com. My only caution is that most people who feel the need to use a dating website likely have some sort of emotional baggage that will rear its head down the road. Make sure that you address it before it blows up in your face.
    I'd say 80-90% of the people in the world have emotional baggage. I do agree with you though that it's wise to probe someone throughly before jumping into a relationship with them. I have a few things that I like to find out before continuing to date such as finding out when her last relationship ended (I steer WELL clear of being a rebound) and double check that her profile matches up with reality. Then, chemistry and conversation.

Silver Member
    pretty much everyone i know is married because of that site.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
One of the biggest causes of stress and unhappiness in life are failed relationships. Making a relationship work is one of the most important life ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It has been universally acknowledged that having a long distance relationship is not such a good idea, especially if there is no known end-date to ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Some people say that when we deeply love or care about someone we automatically open the door to betrayal. I am not sure whether such statement holds ...