Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Why would she start acting so cold towards me?

Hello All! Hopefully you remember my little novel about this girl whom I have been dating for a few months. Basically, she has been very flaky - everything should always be on her terms (she is a my way or the highway kind of girl). I would need more than 10 fingers to count how many times she has flaked on me or changed our plans. One day she is totally into me, but the next she makes me feel like she isn't interested AT ALL. We have seen each other 10-11 times now.

We have been working together on a project lately, but I only feel like she is interested in seeing me when we have work to do. Then, out of the blue, she will ask me out (i.e., bring a bottle of wine and let's have a picnic, or let's play tennis today).

Last night after work, we went out together to meet some of her friends (she invited her guy friend, too, who is actually an attractive guy, and he seems to be very into her). I was frustrated, and since I like her, I felt nervous. I didn't say a lot to her that night, and she basically ignored me the entire evening. Wt f? The only attention she gave me was when a girl (mutual friend) started talking to me at the bar (she came between us and sat the girl down at our table). Someone asked us how we met, and she responded "on Facebook" when in fact we met on an online dating site. I teased her about that!!

Long story short, she basically ignored me the entire evening. We didn't even kiss good night (and we have kissed a lot). Her interest level must have been 1/100. The ending was very awkward, for her "guy friend" dropped me off at my car, while she stayed in his car for a few minutes. I had a cigarette by my car hoping she would come over and kiss me good night. Nothing! She just stepped out of the car and basically ignored me.

When I got home that evening I did a Hail Mary and sent her the following text:

Me: I really like you, Blueberry Muffins. I think we should have a romantic date this weekend. I have a great idea."

Her: Oh really? What is it?
    Me: Oh a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell
    Her: Oh yeah?
    Me: So is that a yes for our romantic date?
    Then I just sent her a song and told her it reminded me of her.

NO RESPONSE!!!

I just feel as if though I have allowed myself to get emotionally invested in this girl, and she is not into me like I am into her. She is hot, the, she is cold. I am thinking that I should just back off and let her contact me if she is into me AT ALL!

What do you guys think?

I think you are silly to even continue dating/trying to date this person.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXXXX9iVPI

"Space promotes clarity and inspires growth." - 90_Hour_Sleep

"If a man treats you poorly, he doesn't value you/think you are the one. Look for a man who treats you well/is confident that you are the one. If he is sure that you are perfect for him, then you are perfect for him." - ExcitedtoSleep

Platinum Member
    Sounds like you into her physical appearance, more than her herself. Look at her on a deeper level, and then wonder what all the fuss is about. She dosn't sound like a quality girl to keep busting your balls to hang out with.

Yup, Dylan and Darcy give sound advice. She gave you all the answers and information you need, she ignored you all night.

Platinum Member
    Move on - she just isn't interested and you are wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by DN View Post
    Move on - she just isn't interested and you are wasting your time.
    Yesterday, during the day, she asked me if I wanted to play tennis with her (plans got cancelled due to us running out of time). But I agree, she is taking my kindness and affection for granted. And last night, she was really ignoring me. I don't know - I think my best bet is to move on and find someone else.

I shouldn't have sent her that darn song last night- now she really knows that she can treat me however she wants to and be rewarded for it!

Gold Member
    Why oh why does attractiveness seem to always trump every other trait/value of a person? Is it just me or does the younger generation put too much emphasis on it?

So did this come across as desperate? (Hence, we have seen each other 10-11 times, and we have kissed a lot).

Me: Me: I really like you, Blueberry Muffins. I think we should have a romantic date this weekend. I have a great idea."
    Her: Oh really? What is it?
    Me: Oh a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell
    Her: Oh yeah?
    Me: So is that a yes for our romantic date?

Then I just sent her a song and told her it reminded me of her!!!!!

Platinum Member
    Yes, it does.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Contrary to the common belief that online dating is only for the young individuals, the new research by two Bowling Green State University professors ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
How much are men willing to spend while dating highly depends on a number of women available around them, claims a new research by the University of ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that the real problem for unemployed men is not that they cannot pay their bills, but that they actually cannot get dates, a new survey ...