men who financially support women

allsunny

I have some friends who don't work, and just stay at home and shop! I envy them so much. A lot of the guys I've dated probably would have dumped me if I stopped working. And I am a very independent female. I'm in school and I plan to start a steady career in the future. Midterms in coming up, and I'm staying up late studying, while my friends post status's about shopping and dining out etc. I envy the women who don't have to worry about holding a job at all.

Why aren't men willing to financially support me? Why can't I attract those types of men? I'm not the most attractive female, but I'm not ugly either. I definitely turn heads a few times, and my friends are just as average looking.

This is something that just crossed my mind.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah but one day men might not want to support those girls anymore and when they leave, these girls are gonna have a difficult time surviving in this world.

My dad always told me growing up, never depend on a man to take care of you. Im glad he taught me that, because now as a grown woman I have raised a family, maintained a home and work hard for what I have which isn't much but I was able to do it on my own and not depend on a man to do it for me.

I'd be willing to bet that the friends you envy have had similar experiences all their lives to what they are living right now where things are provided for them, no hard work required. If you haven't lived that way, you're probably not going to naturally find yourself in that type of scenario. Is that the lifestyle you want?

I don't know any women whose boyfriends financially support them, unless they're between jobs (but at least putting SOME effort into getting a new one) or are raising the kids.. I think that your friends' situations are out of the norm these days and I have no idea how you would get a man to completely financially support you.

I would be willing to bet your friend(s) who stay at home while the BF/Husband makes all this money truly arent happy. Yea could be fun for a year or 2,3 maybe 5. BF/Husband is most likely is having his fun also on the side then has the wife/GF to come home to for "the perfect life", then the business meeting comes up next week and BF/husband is nailing some 20 yr old.

Consider yourself more classy, if you get that crap out of your head. You might make someone happy one day and he will actually love you, not use you or maybe I should say buy you.

I would be willing to bet your friend(s) who stay at home while the BF/Husband makes all this money truly arent happy. Yea could be fun for a year or 2,3 maybe 5. BF/Husband is most likely is having his fun also on the side then has the wife/GF to come home to for "the perfect life", then the business meeting comes up next week and BF/husband is nailing some 20 yr old.

Consider yourself more classy, if you get that crap out of your head. You might make someone happy one day and he will actually love you, not use you or maybe I should say buy you.

I totally agree. My ex's mother divorced twice! She upgraded to big money. She never worked, and got boob jobs and other stuff paid for. But, she's 45, and he's 39, and he dumped her for a working female.

I definitely feel more secure holding my own job. I still envy those ladies who don't have work too hard for their money... kinda like the Kardashians.

Please no lectures. I geniunely want to know how these women attract and keep these men.

Sorry to steal your thread, but Im going to give you a personal testimonial to answer your question

I just had something similar happen this weekend....I guy approached me near my Mom's summer home. I was jogging and some guy rolls up in his Benz and chatted me up. I only really stopped because he came out of our road, so I knew he wasn't crazy. Anyway, said he was running the NYC Marathon and gave me his business card-- said he has seen me all summer and asked if I wanted to go for a run sometime.

I said sure....anyway, last night I looked him up on line and it turns out he made $7 million dollars last year as the CFO of a traded company.

I was going to email him since I never gave him my address, but guess what? He found me on Linked in and asked me to go for drinks.

Anyway, back to your question, you meet these guys randomly...Being in the right place at the right time. Guys like this will chase/find you. The successful guys gotta date someone , and my last bf was broke- I paid for everything, AND he cheated on me.

Of course it is premature, but if this goes anywhere, yea I'm quitting my job- this guy lives in Canada, NY and Bermuda whoever his wife will be likely could not work due to his tax haven situation.

I wonder why girls/women think that just because he has money everything is going to work out for them. Hello, if he has money, I guarantee you other women want him too and it would probably only be a matter of time before he was on to something more new and then you would be right back to where you started. Just sayin...

I don't understand why you want to do this. Is buying stuff that important? I'm not lecturing, I really am curious.

Sure I want a new car, but I'm not about to go on a man hunt for some guy to flip the bills for me. I want to earn it myself, I just took a second job and will be starting my PhD soon, making a future for myself. I just don't understand how you can give up your independence for a Prada handbag.

Why don't you want to make yourself into a person that can make that money?

Weird judgmental-ness in most of the posts I'm reading!

I'd love to be financially supported. Whether that comes through an inheritance, my SO's income, a lotto win... WOW either way! I wouldn't stop doing what I love or working towards my goals. It would be fun to work on my own projects on my own time, develop a vocation instead of holding a regular job, go on trips with my bf, not worry about money ever... Sounds great to me.

I had a lot of downtime recently because I wasn't getting many shifts at work, and it didn't matter because big chunks of money kept coming in and it was more than enough. So I stayed home a lot and did my own thing. I read books, I did a lot of writing, I structured my time how I wanted. I loved it, but you know what, I also felt GUILTY about it!! It made me feel bad when people asked what I was doing with my time, "what are your long-term goals?" and other subtly judgmental comments. I even considered getting another job--ANY job--just to say I was busy so people around me would stop scrutinizing my lifestyle.

I finally realized that I felt guilty and other people didn't like it because it's the norm in our society to try to justify/work for your worth. If you are miserable and working your butt off, good for you!!!!! If you are chilling and letting things come to you, you are useless, lazy, you can't be truly happy, your husband is probably cheating on you, blah blah blah. I think that's what some of these responses are really about.

No, Im a born again virgin... Are you an angry broke guy? Should I turn him down because he is rich and successful?

Nope, I wouldnt say rich but well off. Angry up to 6 months ago but has nothing to do with money.

"Should I turn him down because he is rich and successful" That says it all

Nope, I wouldnt say rich but well off. Angry up to 6 months ago but has nothing to do with money.

"Should I turn him down because he is rich and successful" That says it all

TMTEX:

Didn't you recently post this:

So I met this girl on a online dating site. We are in our 40's and both have kids and all that. I've been seeing her for maybe a little over a month. Turns out she is loaded, like really loaded $$$, doesnt have to work. You name it, she has it.

Me average guy, busting my ass to support 2 kids

So you may think , Hell yea keep this one but IDK. Anyone been in this situation. I know many women are gold diggers, but i dont want to be one.

Drooling over a rich girl arnt ya!!!

Oh and you posted this as well:

I work in IT, I was making close to 95K a yr. I was laid off in Aug.

Don't call me a prostitute...hahaha

I totally agree. My ex's mother divorced twice! She upgraded to big money. She never worked, and got boob jobs and other stuff paid for. But, she's 45, and he's 39, and he dumped her for a working female.

I definitely feel more secure holding my own job. I still envy those ladies who don't have work too hard for their money... kinda like the Kardashians.

Not that I in any way respect the Kardashians, but they do make their own money, and have their own free will. These women who have men supporting them (shiver), well they are pretty much puppets to whatever this man wants. God knows she won't leave him, he has all the money.

TMTEX:

Didn't you recently post this:

So I met this girl on a online dating site. We are in our 40's and both have kids and all that. I've been seeing her for maybe a little over a month. Turns out she is loaded, like really loaded $$$, doesnt have to work. You name it, she has it.

Me average guy, busting my ass to support 2 kids

So you may think , Hell yea keep this one but IDK. Anyone been in this situation. I know many women are gold diggers, but i dont want to be one.

Drooling over a rich girl arnt ya!!!

Oh and you posted this as well:

I work in IT, I was making close to 95K a yr. I was laid off in Aug.

Don't call me a prostitute...hahaha

Yep I did and got rid of her quick. Keep reading and post the other things I "Think" I put on here. maybe I didnt. She ended up married, did a back ground check on her(free through the county of Dallas), arrrested 2 times for check fraud. Yea I know how to pick them.

Ah dont worry, have a nice job now making more and the best part its casual dress.

Yes you are and take it off line if your going to start stuff.

I supported my Ex for 2 yrs right after our son was born. I only did this so my son didnt have to be in a daycare.

She walked all over me, wasted my money, went on vacations without me, left me for another guy and took everything ..and wanted more afterwards. Since she didnt work those 2yrs, she was easily applicable to get every assitance and welfare known, including free housing and cleaned me out on child support.

Id never do it again, for anyone. Ever. The way I see it is men and women are equal in this world and you earn your own keep, married or not. The only scenerio I can see this happening is if your married and one of you falls extremely ill.

For all those guys throwing money at women -one word- Pathetic.

Archived