Being around certain people makes me feel nervous and uncomfortable??

I don't know why but I've always felt like this when I was younger. For the most part I get along well with everyone and I don't have any issues with anyone. However randomly there would always be one particular person I felt uncomfortable around. Whether it was school or work or whatever. This usually happens around guys I'm attracted to and have crushes on for the most part. Now just recently I started working at a new job and I have to work around this guy I'm very attracted to, I won't say I like him. However when I see him or I'm around him, I feel very tense and nervous. I can't seem to relax at all and it just makes the work environment really uneasy. The funny part is we hardly speak to each other and I just get some vibe from him that he doesn't like me all that well. Also when I'm tense like this, I find it hard to converse with the people I'm nervous around, I'm usually very shy,timid and aloof. I'm constantly perfecting my every move making sure I'm not doing anything or making myself look stupid..

I guess my main question is how do I relax around people I'm nervous around? The funny part about it is I'm a very social and outgoing person, it's just I get shy around the people I'm nervous around.

Is it because he is rather cold/introverted, and you have difficulty picking up feelings of warmth from him? If it doesn't cause any problems, just keep interacting with him, and it will go away with time. If you can find a subject he is passionate about, and have him talk about it for a while, that may help you figure out his interests and his weaknesses.

Is it because he is rather cold/introverted, and you have difficulty picking up feelings of warmth from him? If it doesn't cause any problems, just keep interacting with him, and it will go away with time. If you can find a subject he is passionate about, and have him talk about it for a while, that may help you figure out his interests and his weaknesses.

I think you hit the head on it about him being cold/introverted and I honestly don't feel any warm feelings from him. Everyone else I talk to it seems so easy to strike conversations and connect with. With this guy at work, he seems really annoyed with me or something. He seems more comfortable around other people and talking. With me, it seems like there's always this awkward silence and it's hard to strike conversations with him. I try but it seems like he never reciprocates. He usually answers my questions or convos with one words like yep,uh huh,good, right and things like this. I just feel like he doesn't like me and that really bothers me. I know we're just in a work environment and we're all just there to make friends but I am bothered at me not connecting with this guy at my job.

Archived