Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Period only lasted 2 days...

Period only lasted 2 days...

Just kinda wierded out right now because usually it lasts at least 3-5 days...This time is only lasted 2 and barely even 2 days because the 2nd day I didn't even need to wear a tampon...In the past if anything, Id stop the 2nd or 3rd day but then restart the following day..this time, I stopped thinking id start back up and DIDN'T...I even had sex the day I thought Id start back up which usually will start that baby right back up...Its now day # 5 since its stopped..So I started monday, bled lightly through tuesday and nothing weds, thurs, fri, sat or today , sunday?....

Does anybody know what the cause of this can be or if anyone else has experienced similar?

Could it be an unhealthy Uterine lining? I have no extra money to throw at a doctor so please if you can refraine from telling me to go to one.

Spotting between periods can be caused by stress. While a 2-day period seems uncommon, it's not abnormal.

It could be a number of things. Are you on birth control?

Stress can cause our periods to become all wacked out.
    "I am and always will be- the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams." - The Eleventh Doctor

When life doesn’t go quite as planned yell “plot twist!” and move on. -- Thanks for this, Sherry. :)

Bronze Member
    I don't often get periods because I use the nuvaring. But when I do get my period, it lasts 24 hours or less.

actually sometimes its normal.. every girl may experience that kind of a period so just relax and wait for your next period..

Platinum Member
    D - you keep posting threads about your health problems, and you really need to see a doctor. If you don't have the money, borrow it.

The more you keep posting, the more it becomes obvious there is something very wrong. You do realize this, right? Letting whatever is wrong go untreated could really cause you some real damage.

Optimisticgirl: I am not on birth control, I have been stressed on and off for the last year though, so thats prob something to do with it...

Williamforest: Thats definetly re-assuring thanks!

Ariel85: I said I didn't need anyone telling me to go to the doctor...but thanks for the concern...

Soooo, It started this morning, tooo wierd...Its gone now though, only needed to use one tampon...Ive never had this big of a wait for my period to start flowing again, so strange the boyfriends penis from the sex didn't start it back up...:/

Im assuming, Im NOT preggers or anything like that...Uterine lining could be out of wack which is what caused the bleeding for such a short amount of time...I wouldn't doubt it, add it to the other 834978397498 health problems I may have lol...

Thanks guys!

I don't know how old you are D but it could be menopause... my mom's was like that while she was going through that.
    "I am and always will be- the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams." - The Eleventh Doctor

When life doesn’t go quite as planned yell “plot twist!” and move on. -- Thanks for this, Sherry. :)

10. 10-03-2011, 09:54 PM

Platinum Member
    I would take a pregnancy test just to be sure. I don't think your diagnosis about the uterine lining makes a lot of sense. I do see a gynecologist regularly and we've discussed the length of periods etc and that's never been one of the possible reasons.

optimisticgirl: Im 23
    Alleryo: I just don't like them, Im into the natural health ways not medicine crap...
    Bataya: I started up again, this moring...

13. 10-03-2011, 10:05 PM

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
Related Articles & Books
by Margarita Nahapetyan
According to the findings of a recent study, married women may find themselves drinking a lot more alcohol than single or divorced women, while ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
It turns out that, when under stress, men tend to be attracted to women with a more curvaceous body type, found a new research, according to which ...
by Margarita Nahapetyan
Marriage and divorce are linked to weight gain among both women and men, and especially those who are over age 30, found U.S. sociologists. However, ...