Good soap to fight body odor

do you have a loofah or something else to exfoliate? personally, i like gel based washes - you can get them at the drug store or at bath and body works. all these places have washes for men. the odor is coming from the bacteria from your skin. do you use a good deodorant/anti-perspirant as well? do you shower daily?

i used to have this problem, the steps i took that actually worked =

#1 i trimmed my body hair. less heat = less sweat

#2 as Annie's already suggested, i use a loofah. i vary body washes, but i normally aim for sweet smelling sports ones. this is out of personal preference but it might be a trick.

#3 after a shower make sure you completely dry yourself, i used to ignore my feet and that would cause them to smell.

#4 once dry i use a scented ( coconut ) moisturiser, just a cheap one, and i apply it to most of my body.

#5 apply anti perspirant, womens ones seem to work much better then mens. at the moment im using black & white womens by nivea, it works great & it doesnt really smell of anything, so your aftershave wont get ruined.

To help fight sweating in general ( which is what im guessing is whats causing your body odor ) try wearing lighter more breathing clothing, and a product i use once a week = Perspirex ( link removed ) is absoulty amazing.

I dont use deodrant, just moisteriser, anti perspirant & perfume.

also just to add to what i said, WATCH WHAT YOU EAT!, your body exudes toxins through your skin... so i tend to think of it this way, if you eat crap, your going to smell like... haha.

morning exercise also helps with this, when you sweat you get rid of toxins, toxins smell like ... well bad body odor. so if you sweat it out in the morning, wash off the sweat, what you do excrete over the rest of the day wont be nearly as bad.

do you have a loofah or something else to exfoliate? personally, i like gel based washes - you can get them at the drug store or at bath and body works. all these places have washes for men. the odor is coming from the bacteria from your skin. do you use a good deodorant/anti-perspirant as well? do you shower daily?

Annie what is a loofah?

Yes I shower everyday morning. I use Irish Spring bar soap and some times use Old Spice deodorant.

My armpits have been so incredibly non stinky since I ditched commerical deodorants (which never worked for me properly) and started using baking soda.

There are various recipes but I combine 1 part baking soda, 1 part cornflour (cornstarch) together and keep in an airtight container.

After a shower I mix some on my hands with a little coconut oil and wipe it on my armpits, obviously washing the hands after.

It dries and disappears on the skin very quickly and I never smell BOish anymore and my tops stay a lot fresher. Love it.

Archived